Chapter 20: The Weak Survives

(Kaaru looked at her while startling and had a thought)

KAARU: (Thought) Who the heck is she?

KARIN: You must be Kaaru (looking at him smiling)

KAARU: What how does she know? I'm just seeing her for the first time. (He was surprised but he decided not to let see it obviously)

KARIN: Surprise?

KAARU: How do you know my name?

KARIN: Let's have a little conservation (she made two chairs and a table in the middle to appear) Have a sit.

KAARU: I didn't come here to have a conversation.

KARIN: I see, you want to go home. The only way to do that is to sit down, I'll show you the way out. (Kaaru sat down and waited for her to tell him) Tea? (While the two cups and the jug appeared on the table)

KAARU: (Was surprise and had a thought) Are you kidding me?! Is she only here to make a joke? (Karin took the jug and pours the tea in the two cups. She gives one to him) No I'm okay.

KARIN: Why? Do you think it's poison? (She drinks from his cup) See it's not.

KAARU: Okay. Thanks. (There was silence as he then speak up) So Karin, how do you know my name?

KARIN: Wow! And you also know my name. How do you know?

KAARU: You said it earlier when we first met.

KARIN: Oh it's that so?

KAARU: (Thought) She forgets so easily. Is that the way she is.

KARIN: I know you because I've been watching you. (Kaaru was surprised) You think I'm trap in this place. I only control this place, that's my power, entering the person's mind and give them nightmares. That makes me a manipulator. (She said while Kaaru was shocked)

(At Ippei's shop. Shin drinks a small bottle of alcohol, he pause while he dropped his bottle on the table, and Ippei sees him looking worried)

IPPEI: Looking worried, I guess.

SHIN: Yeah, I can't believe that he's in coma.

IPPEI: Not just coma, he's battling his nightmare. He has to do everything so that he wouldn't end up there. It's like a deer being trapped in the hands of the hunters. So what do you think the deer will do?

SHIN: Try to make itself free.

IPPEI: Exactly. Kaaru may be too intense but I know he can do it.

(At Ippei's room. Kaaru's body was laid down on a bed. Yuuto, Eito and Hiro were also there)

HIRO: Sure he will be alright.

EITO: He's not in a bad condition.

HIRO: Not in a bad condition! So tell me what is going to happen to him?

YUUTO: Relax Hiro, nothing is going to happen to Kaaru.

HIRO: (Sighed) I hope so. (She said as Yuuto looked at her worried face)

(Back to Kaaru)

KAARU: So you were the one this whole time that took charge and gave me those nightmares?!

KARIN: Good question and understanding. My powers enable me to give you your worst nightmare and your greatest fear.

KAARU: Why? People are suppose to have sweet dreams!

KARIN: I know.

KAARU: So why the nightmares! Why are you doing this?!

KARIN: I have to do it to scare them. Long time ago, I use to be mock by my classmates because I was just a small girl and this made me heavy-hearted. Unknowingly, I saw my hand started to glow and noticed it was my elemental powers and I ended up as a manipulator. I have the power to enter someone's dream or thought and give them nightmares. So I had a idea to do that to the people I hated, frightening my classmates and now I couldn't stop so I do it to everyone.