CHAPTER 3

The following morning all the audition approved personnel were gathered in the production studio hall. They had come early as per agreement and they were now awaiting the arrival of the production manager. But there was one person who was missing from the group, Wang Yibo. He was a few minutes late and no one knew he was going to take part in the drama because his audition was done apart from others but not because he was favoured.

His sole intention of auditioning for the drama was to try something new, the information he read when his manager gave him the written script for the audition parts really intrigued him but he didn't have much time to go for the audition because of other work.So, his manager had sent in his photo without him knowing because he had thought he would be good for the part playing Lan Wangji because of how naturally stoic he was.

He sent his photo twice but it was refused and then he decided it would be best if he attended personally. He refused again saying he had a lot of work to do and that he didn't have much time since he had to travel to Korea on the day of the audition. But his manager was so persistent that he finally agreed to audition and he told him he would go there on the last day if the audition. He auditioned alone mainly because he was in Korea at the time other auditions took place but his manager had personally went to the audition hall to assure the management that Yibo was indeed coming.

When he reached there everyone was gone and only the auditioning personnel were there sorting all the candidates. They had thought that it would be a great idea if he auditioned alone since he didn't need to say too much in the drama and that was because they wanted to keep order in the hall. He was well known throughout China, so lining him up with other candidates would certainly cause a disruption. He was more than happy with the arrangement since he also didn't like socializing with people.

He liked to do his own thing but because of all the achievements he gained through all his skills he then became famous. He had to keep up with it even though he was once attacked because of it, he didn't want to quit doing what he loved, but he couldn't stop himself from being famous either because that would mean leaving all that he loved and worked hard for all in the name of a normal life.

When he arrived with his manager they went straight to the production manager's office who had been waiting for them before he went to address others about their travels. They walked in and the manager stood up from his chair and greeted them with a handshake before telling them to sit down. He told them everything they needed to know about their accomodation and transport and all, he also told them that because Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian will spend a lot of time together, they needed to stay in the same condo so that they go to know each other.

It was important since Lan Wangji only communicated very well with Wei Wuxian, so...Wang Yibo agreed. In his mind he was like 'whatever, as long as we don't bother each other'. The agreement was made and the manager went to the hall to talk to others.Yibo had remained in the office with his manager awaiting someone to take him to the parking lot where he and others would be assigned their own transport in teams. The meeting was all done and everyone went out to go to their transport in the parking garage.

When they reached there, Yibo was not there because hi manager had a last minute paper work which was emailed to him for Yibo to sign. They had went back inside the building and printed out all the documents so he could sign. His manager was old enough to be his uncle so he liked doing everything on paper than using the newest technology because he claimed that papers don't get lost like phones and all the reasons he gave. Yibo didn't mind and he had gotten used to it and even started using fax and copy machines instead of his phone or iPad.

Everyone went in and Yibo came out to the parking lot, but no one had seen him yet since everyone was staring at their phones feeling shy of the co-actors whom they just met while other just preferred to close their eyes and continue their cut peaceful sleep. But when Yibo arrived the production manager went to him and told him they were waiting for 'Wei Wuxian', he has been running late due to his manager's last minute work. He was late but he was inside the building because his manger had come right before they could leave. The manager had to share the rumour she heard while she was waiting for Zhan to come inside from the parking lot to sign the paperwork.

"Xiao Zhan, do you know who your Hanguan-Jun in the drama is?"

"No, they said they picked him because of his facial features, so I guess whoever it is, is as frozen as ice"
Zhan chuckle and gave her the papers and he was about to leave when she stopped him and whispered in his ear after checking if no one saw them.

"I heard that he is very famous throughout China"

"Ha~ha~ha , the president and politicians are the famous ones, how famous can he be. I'm going, please go and give my mother the meditation I bought cause the ones remaining will be finished soon. Ok ...see you tomorrow, bye"

Zhan finally went to the parking lot leaving behind his manager who was smiling from ear to ear as she knew about the person dear to Zhan. He had always kept Yibo in his mind from the day he returned and when he left the group to focus on acting, he found his current manager to be more like an older sister to him because she was well mannered and too caring, that was a year after his first encounter with Yibo.

But she had realised that Zhan would space out a lot and sometimes smile to himself while rocking his chair back and forth like he was in a dream land and she knew she had to ask him. She had been his manager for the past six months and she had noticed his behaviour since he would sometimes day dream while she was talking to him. So one day she confronted him and told him that he can share anything with her and she wouldn't judge and two months later that's when he told her about Yibo.

He reached the one of the five mini vans which he was assigned to travel in and he saw that there were no empty seats left, the seat which was right behind the driver had a backpack on it suggesting that the seat was taken. He got off the mini van and liked around for the manager and he spotted him taking to other people a few feet from him. He was about to go and talk to him when his phone rang and he had to pick up since it was his mother.

After ending the call and placing the phone in his pocket he found the manager right infront of him. He greeted him again with a bow and told him about the seating problem he had and the manager suggested that he went with him to see if there was really no place to sit so they could make other arrangements. The mini van drivers were gathered trying to come up with a plan for Zhan and when Zhan and the production manager reached the assigned mini van he saw that indeed there was no space left.

Yibo had already seated at the time and his seat was the one seat that was behind the driver. He was looking at him phone when he heard the most angelic voice which seemed too familiar to him. He didn't immediately look up the source of the voice but he listed. And when he heard the production manager mention the name "Xiao Zhan" his ears perked up and without even looking at the source of the owner he suggested something that made everyone in the mini van gasp if amazement.

"You can sit on my seat and I will sit on the floor here"