CHAPTER 14

Mrs Xiao's question kept ringing in Yibo's ears and he didn't know how he was to answer them. First of all ...he had confirmed the fact that he liked Zhan by the unrestricted proximity to his, but...he still didn't understand how much he liked him. He was sitting in the couch, working while his mind worked him. Zhan didn't want to disturb him, so...he took out his phone and started checking for emails. He realised that Yibo had been acting strange since his parents left, but he didn't know why. A few minutes went by and it was time for supper, the nurse came in wheeling a serving trolley and parked it in the foot of Zhan's bed which made him out his phone away and that thank the nurse politely.

Yibo was still busy and it looked like he didn't even notice when the nurse came and went, the nurse told Zhan she will be back after an hour to take the trolley and she left. Zhan wanted to tell Yibo to come have his meal, but he became a little upset. He was upset because Yibo had'nt been paying attention to him like he always did, not knowing that he was rather tasked with such an important decision by his mother. But Yibo was'nt only thinking about what Mrs Xiao had said, he was also thinking about what Zhan had called him when he was assuring his father that he wasn't in a relationship with him. Beeing.calle a boy made him feel like Zhan would never be more than friends. So he was...let's say ...upset.

Zhan got off the bed and prepared their food while still looking at Yibo, longing for his glance even though he didn't understand why, but he just wanted him to talk to him even if it were to tease him or flirt with him it was fine. He sat back down in the bed and thought for a few minutes his he could get Yibo to talk to him without looking like he was begging. He looked at the food at Yibo back and forth while still thinking when he finally decide to speak. But he realised that Yibo had a scary look on his face and he took it that Yibo was upset about work, but he thought that he liked more than upset, more like so angry that he was ready to kill someone at any time. But he had to try

"Yibo...come eat before the food gets cold, I still need you to check for me what's added in the menu list, or there won't be a drama to film anymore"

"..."

"Yibo...are you even listening to me...? Come eat now...work can wait just a few minutes...come on.."

"..."

"Tsk...Wang Yibo..!!!"

"Why are you so noisy...? Why are you shouting like that when I'm right here...?"

"I have been calling you like forever...are you alright...? You look kind of distracted. Did something happen...?"

"I...well...I...no I was just working and I guess I dived deep into it that I didn't hear you. Come on..let's eat"

"Did my mother say something to you that made you upset...? But ...your expressions weren't that scary when my parents left...something else must have happened and maybe added to what my mom said. Look...I'm sorry...my parents are like that, they question everything and everyone around me, I guess they were just beeing protective. So please...don't take what they said to heart  okay...?"

"Actually Zhan gē... I'm more upset about what you said ...do you really think of me as a little boy...? Why did you say what you did to you father...? wasn't there something else you could have said to clear your father's suspicions other than belittling me..?"

"Oh...so that's why you're like this...it's because of that..? But why are you upset..? You are a boy aren't you...?"

"How can you say that Zhan...you're not even that older than me, does belittling me makes you feel better about yourself...? Does it..? How can you think of someone like that....? I really thought you are better than many people I have met, I didn't realise that you were actually like them. You know what...it's fine let's just eat, I don't wanna talk about this anymore."