CHAPTER 39

" Bodi...when are you coming home to me(sniffs) I-.. I miss you ..!!"

Yibo didn't answer at that moment. He felt different emotions surging in his body and making his heart beat erratically. His breathing felt heavy and he felt suffocated by the heaviness in his chest. His heart had been bearing the weight of his broken love for the whole five months and couldn't handle it anymore.

He listened to Zhan's cries over the phone and when Zhan couldn't get a reply, he thought Yibo had hung up. He was about to call out to Yibo again while he was still being choked by his cries when he heard a little sound at the other end of the call. Yibo was busy on his laptop and the sound Zhan had heard was when Yibo closed it.

He knew he missed Zhan all these months, but he didn't know how much he missed him until he heard his voice. His heart didn't ached anymore, but it longed to hear Zhan's voice, to be comforted by its gentleness and to be missed by the other.

Yibo didn't cry, but there were different kinds of emotions that played in his mind as he was still listening to Zhan's sobs. He just wanted him to calm down cause he hated to see or hear Zhan cry. He had never stopped thinking about him and think about how he was doing.

Yibo finally decided to talk as he head that Zhan had calmed and said...

"Zhan gē,how have you been..? Have you been eating well and going to bed in time..? Have you been taking care of yourself..?"

Zhan didn't answer , then his sniffs got a little quiet. He had not expected those kinds of questions from Yibo, he has wanted to hear Yibo tell him how much he missed him. How much he wanted to see him and lastly... that he was coming to see him, not what Yibo was asking.

He didn't see the need for Yibo to ask him that cause he expected Yibo to know how he was doing. Besides..Baba was his manager and he spent most of the time with him, both at work and at home. So ...he expected Yibo to know how exactly how he was.

He got a little upset by those questions, because he knew he wasn't gonna tell him exactly how he was. Those kinds of questions are indeed tricky and only asked for the purpose of calming one down, but they really didn't need to be answered. If they were to be answered...then how was Zhan supposed to answer them...

Was he suppose to tell Yibo how much he had missed him to a point where he would dream of him every night, waking up to nothing...? That he would wake up and expect him to walk out of the bathroom and kiss him good morning on his forehead like he used to..? That he sometimes found himself talking to who he thought was Yibo but only to be his imagination running too quick and too wild with its trickery..?

There were so many things that had happened while Yibo was away, but Zhan knew it was useless to tell . So...he wiped away his tears and just because Yibo was patient enough on the other end, he took his time to calm down even more. After a few minutes of silence, Zhan replied Yibo...

Yibo...I don't wanna lie to you, I haven't lied to you ever since we met, so please..don't ask me those questions. Where are you..? When are you coming home..?"

Zhan felt his heart swell again, and his eyes got blurry.. threatening to make its own sorrowful waterfall, he blinked a few times as he waited for Yibo to answer. He then thought of the answer that Yibo would give him and he dreaded to hear it and interrupted before Yibo could answer. He had changed his mind about wanting to hear the answer and he continued and said...

"I saw the news...are you alright...?"

Yibo felt relived about Zhan's question this time. He missed Zhan, but he just didn't think it was a good idea to tell him at that time what he felt. When Zhan changed the question he quickly answered and said...