CHAPTER 55

"Laura...about what you said about the Wang family name... what was it you said again..?"

"Oh! Yes aunty...imagine if people were to find it about his obsession with Yibo,they would look down on you and your last name would be thrown to the mud."

"I see...."

Mrs Wang's response was unclear about how she felt about the situation. But because Laura's mom and Yibo's mom were best friends, it meant that Laura knew more about her family from her mother. All this time, Zhan was sitting uncomfortably on the couch, with Yibo's mother back to her seat and the attention back on Laura, he felt like the earth could just break into two and swallow him right where he sat.

""""""""'''''''''''''
Zhan's POV

Even though I don't like the way she said it, but it's true. I'm older than Yibo and he might be a bit impulsive in his way of thinking, I shouldn't have agreed to our relationship. I knew things like these would happen and yet I indulged myself because I have never felt this happy in my life.

This is wrong and I don't know how to fix it now. Yibo won't even listen to me and now that his parents are here, how am I going to keep him away from me so that they don't know about us? I feel so suffocated, I don't wanna be here. I fear for my future but most importantly, I fear for Yibo's future and for what his parents might say or do when they find out about us.

End of Zhan's POV
""""""""""""""

Mr Wang was listening and didn't want to interrupt his wife, he didn't feel right about what what being insinuated by Laura regarding his family but he had to let his wife deal with it in her own way. On the other hand, Mrs Wang was taking her time on handling things.

"You see aunty, Yibo and I are going to get married soon and I can't let his name be thrown around like that. I have to be quick in dealing with people like him to be able to stand proudly along side Yibo. Besides ...isn't he too old to be hanging around Yibo..? He's not even worthy of being his friend since his last name isn't that known in our society. People like him and people like us don't eat at the same table."

"Enough..!!! That is enough...!! I will not let you talk about him like that Laura do you hear me? If there's one person in this room who isn't worthy then it's you! You think you're well matched for me? What do you mean his name is not known in our society? I think he's better than you in every way when it comes to that. Your behaviour is rotten and so is your mouth, you talk about being worthy and yet you're shameless yourself. Who do you think you're fooling? If it wasn't for my family's name then your family's name wouldn't be known in our society as well right.?

Your personality disgusts me and that is why I will never marry someone like you. No one can force me to live their life and what I do or say about myself will never change and no one has the right to interfere in it. So please do me a favour, tomorrow morning, make sure you're gone the minute I wake up.!"

Yibo's voice roared in the living room, he was very harsh and unapologetic, and he knew to whom he was directing his words to. He wanted to make it known that he's not gonna change his mind. Mrs Wang was listening attentively to what was being said, she looked at her son and back at Laura who by that time was hanging her head due to the embarrassment that Yibo caused her. In a calm and gentle voice, Mrs Wang spoke, her voice confident in her words as she ordered...

"Yibo, don't talk to her like that, after all, you two are going to get married very soon. Now let's all calm down and try to handle the situation at hand and sto-"

"Mother...what do you mean we by "the situation at hand" I already told said that I'm not going to marry her, so why should you keep her hopes high and not let her marry the one she really loves. I don't think you understand what I mean and what I want mother. I thought you were finally getting to understand me a few minutes ago then what happened..?Please...don't make things difficult and stop this now. "