CHAPTER 8

Everyone followed them to see them off and they were amazed by the private EMS helicopter that still had its propellers running, they knew there was no time for the production management to be called and be ause some of them were in site but it looked like they were also surprised aswell. Zhan was taken into the helicopter with Yibo also getting in and withing ten seconds they were in the air. Along the way, Yibo kept in holding Zhan's hand and the paramedics asked who Zhan was to him but his answer was kind of confusing to them  as he said...

"He's someone that gave my heartbeat back"

They looked at each other and stopped asking and stopped writing. Only in ten minutes they reached the hospital and Zhan was rushed to the emergency room. Yibo waited for him outside, he couldn't rest, he walked back and forth while biting his fingernails until he felt a tug on his sleeve and he turned around. He saw a beautiful face if a woman that was similar to the one he secretly stared at everyday, especially at night when no one was looking. He put his palms together and greeted with a bow to them, there was no need to ask who they were and what they wanted because he saw that the woman looked exactly like Zhan.

"You must be Wang Yibo right?"

Yibo replied with a nod with his palms together.

"I got a call from you about my Zhan Zhan, is he alright? where is he? Can we go see him?"

"Aunty...he's still in the emergency room, but he will be fine, don't worry too much, please sit down here"

Yibo said as he saw the older start to cry for her son, with her husband trying to comfort him while running his hand up and down her back. He ushered them to sit down and quickly went away for a few seconds, only coming back with a cup of water and gave it to her to drink. Zhan's father helped his wife drink while Yibo stood there lowering his head. When Zhan's mother calmed down, his father looked at Yibo and even tilted his head as if studying his face thoroughly. This made Yibo nervous as he lowered his head when he finally spoke, surprising even his wife.

"Aren't you that motorcycle racer? The one who also hosts a TV show?"

"I am, uncle.."

"Wow...I never thought I would see you up close, this unfortunate event finally gave me a chance to finally meet you"

Zhan's father was so excited until he heard his wife ask Yibo a question .

"How do you know my son? if you're a TV host and a motorcycle racer then what were you doing with Zhan? I thought he wanted to further his acting career..."

"Ooh! Aunty...I am his co-worker, I am also in that drama."

"Then why were you the one to call the ambulance when the production team could have handled all that. And I know it costs a lot to be in this hospital let alone the ambulance that got his from all the way from Guizhou to here. I know my son is doing very well for himself but don't you think he won't have any savings later when he wants to get married? This private hospital is expensive and the ambulance aswell...aiya...my son will be broke after this. "

Yibo didn't answer her but kept his head lowered until the a nurse came to ask for Zhan's family. They were led to the reception area to fill out some forms for medical records as well as payment. Yibo stood there not knowing if he should follow them or not, he sat down and took a deep breath until he heard the intercom announce his name, calling him to the reception area. He stood up and went there and two hospital personnels with expensive suits came to greet him respectively. He told them they must not be formal with him since there were people around and they agreed. But it was too late for that.