CHAPTER 56

Yibo took an deep breath and said what he had been holding in because of Zhan. Now that Zhan was not there, he could say what he wanted to tell his parents all along.

"Zhan and I aren't just friends and he has every right to be here since he's mine."

"What did you say...?"

The atmosphere changed too quickly and the room went silent. Yibo's mother was on the edge of her seat and his father was shocked that his mouth was agape without him even realising. Yibo too a deep breath, he realised that he said what he had wanted to say abruptly and he closed his eyes and sighed, regretting how it came out.

His mother was a very strict woman even though she was raised by parents who gave her freedom to be do and be who she wanted. Even so, she never indulged herself in many things that other kids would do or act spoiled because her parents were rich...no, in fact ...she was the opposite of how she was raised even as a child

Other little girls would would run after spotting a frog or a snake but she would pet them. When her mother took her shopping and told her to choose what she wanted, she would always say that she got everything she needs at home and that there was no need to spend her father's hard earned money on useless things.

When she became a teenager, she would go home and practice sewing for her sewing class, or read boowould.dhat were not even her age. Her parents still let her be until she graduated from the college and she came gave them the news that she was seeing someone. Of course they were happy to hear that, they had thought that their daughter would not find someone suitable for her since she was...you know..acting like a parent herself.

They asked her to bring her boyfriend over to meet them and she told them that she had already asked him to come over the next weekend. She added by saying that she was not gonna date someone unknown and unapproved by her parents. So...when Yibo said those words, it came as a shock to her since she had expected her only son to tell them that he had found someone he wanted to bring home.

Even though...she had already found someone she had been grooming for many years, she wouldn't have agreed to it anyway. To her, nothing was perfect until it was perfect.

Nevertheless, she was a good mother, a very overprotective mother who wanted nothing but the best for her son. She was unaware of how time was going fast and how her son suddenly grew up right in front of her without her noticing.

Her parents helped raise Yibo and he grew up different from his mother, and he grew up to accepted the freedom that his grandparents wanted to to give to their daughter. He was allowed by his grandparents to show and tell what and how he felt through music since his grandfather liked playing piano for him all the time he visited.

He grew up different from his mother but he was like her in many ways. He was stubborn at most and he was called the ice king because of how he handled himself infront of others.

Because he took after his mother, it was no surprise that he had a strong mind which could not be changed at others own will. His father knew that ad his mother didn't think it was an issue. So...as his parents looked at each other, Yibo just sat there ready to answer any question coming his way.

He wanted to stand up for Zhan, not only for him but to stand up for their relationship. Not that Zhan was weak but because he had sacrificed a lot to be with him and he wanted to show Zhan that he did the right thing. That his sacrifices

were seen and they were enough. Zhan being pregnant would mean that he had to be protected, not only from the media but from his parents as well. Also...there was the issue with Mr Wen that refused to leave Yibo's mind.