CHAPTER 17

That day Yibo and Zhan shot their first scene together and they were so professional that even the director was pleased. They went in to shoot other scenes with other actors and it on set everything was fine. James shit his scene with Yibo who was all smiles with him during breaks and Zhan didn't seem to care, just like he was asked. But...troubles always follows Zhan around like he was a magnet. Zhan was finishing his third scene without Yibo for the day and decided to take a quick break to drink some water. He went over to his manager since someone had told him not to eat or drink anything that is for everyone.

He went over his manager who was close by just incase he needed something. But as soon as he reached her, he heard some whispers, well...they were not whispers since it was intended for him to hear their conversation. It was James with another guy who James always hangs around with, they were just a few feet away from Zhan who was sitting to drink some water. His manager gave him a bottle of water to drink and after listening for a while he heard them say something that almost made him choke on the water he was drinking. He got a glare from the two who looked at him as if he was once arrested for being a sex offender. He heard them  say...

"Hey...I was talking to Yibo the whole morning, we were together and you know what he said...?"

"Since when have you started calling him by his name...? I thought he told you to call him Mr. If he heard you then that's in you."

"It won't be..."

"Why...? What do you mean..?"

"Well...were friends now and he invited me to come over to his condo on Friday to have some beers since we aren't working this weekend."

"Tell me you're lying.."

"Why would I lie about that..? He asked me to be his friend and he also told me to invite you over."

" Why would he want me there...? I mean...we aren't even close to be greeting each other...let alone to grab a beer together."

"Well... apparently...he doesn't want to move out of that shared condo and I kinda told him you could help him with that."

"What...? Why would you do that..? I don't feel comfortable sitting in the very same room with him. I mean...what if...no..I can't stand his icy behaviour"

"Come on...you were also like him to me the first time we spoke."

"Yes but...but ...I really cannot go with you."

"Come on...please come with me.."

"Alright then, but ..why does he want to move out..? I mean he and his roommate kind of are inseparable, so what does he want to leave all of a sudden...?"

"Well... apparently he heard that his roommate has a mental problem and all the stories from his past relationships. Well...it's really scary to think of it"

Just then, a cough was heard and it sounded like someone was choking on something when they turned around. That someone was Zhan who had choked after hearing what was said about him being horrible. James turned around and looked at Zhan, immediately after Zhan cast his look at him, James smiled at him...or shall I say smirked at Zhan which made Zhan feel disgusted. Even though he told Yibo he will trust whatever he does even if he doesn't know what or why, he still felt a ping in his heart for all the things they said about him. To make matters worse, those lies reached Yibo's ears, he just didn't know what to say or how to act when he sees Yibo.

Zhan was still in deep thoughts when he suddenly felt someone call his name, the voice sounded familiar so...he turned his head to the direction of the voice and he saw Barry standing right infront of him. He smiled politely and stood up and greeted his with respect which Barry returned to him. He smiled and he saw that Zhan was in deep thoughts and he thought that he had to voice out his opinion as he is the only one who really knows Yibo. He just wanted to lift Zhan's spirit up again as he saw it was hard for him to listen people talk like that about him. So...Barry said...