Chapter 4

Jungkook Point of View

I began to cry while walking back to school. I don't know why my brother treats me like I don't exist when we aren't in the house. I understand when you're in a relationship you want to be with that person and spend time with them but it's just as important to spend time with your family.

I kept walking thinking of all the ways Chan could be treating me like this because of something I did. I remember when I was younger I tried to tell my parents and they said that even though your brother loves you doesn't mean he wants to hang out with his little brother at school when he has friends of his own. That hurt but I understood which is why I never complained. All of a sudden I landed on the floor.

"Oh my. I am so sorry." I heard a man say.

"It's okay. I am sorry. My fault as I wasn't looking where I was going. I need to go as I am in a hurry." I said, trying to walk away.

"Can I give you company to make up for disturbing your walk?" The guy asked.

"Fine." I said and began walking again but a little faster than I was before.

"My name is Jin." The guy said, holding his hand out as we were walking.

"Jungkook. I will shake your hand when we get to where I am going." I said, making him nod.

"Where are you going?" Jin asked.

"To my high school." I simply said.

"Isn't school finished?" Jin asked again.

"Yes but I have a game after school and because I have a crap brother I am getting late." I said.

"What do you play?" Jin asked.

"Basketball. I am team captain." I said.

"Oh my mate played basketball and he was also team captain." Jin said.

"Mate?" I asked.

"It's another word for boyfriend." Jin said.

"Also another word for taken. You shouldn't be talking to me or even walking with me if you're in a relationship. I don't like confrontation and I have a feeling if your boyfriend sees you with me there will be." I said walking faster.

"It's okay. He isn't controlling or anything. He understands my personality, which is that I love talking and getting to know people." Jin said.

"Ever heard of stranger danger?" I asked.

"Of course I know stranger danger but I am not stupid." Jin said.

"I am wondering why you said mate instead of partner or boyfriend like everyone else." I said.

"I like to be different." Jin said.

"Vampires say mates." I said which made him stop.

"I don't have time for you to stop so either keep walking or goodbye." I said, continuing to walk. Jin jogged to catch back up with me.

"How do you know about vampires?" Jin asked.

"Same way I know about werewolves." I said.

"Which is?" Jin asked.

"Make believe. Imagination. It would be cool if it was true." I said.

"You don't think they are real?" Jin asked.

"I have never been asked that before. I would like to think they are. We are getting taught about vampires and werewolves in history so I feel like they are real or were real but went extinct like the dinosaurs but it's something you need to see to believe it." I said which made Jin nod his head.