Chapter 23

Namjoon Point Of View

I woke up and realised it was the next day, which is Sunday. I found us all in the living room sleeping. Jhope moved to the floor for more room. Yoongi was curled up on a pillow still in cat form. Jimin and Jin were still cuddling sound asleep and Tae and Kookie were sleeping as well but weren't cuddling. I took my chance.

I got out under the blanket and made my way to Kookie. I put the blanket I used over Kookie and picked him up. He snuggled into me and I went upstairs to my special room. I sat on the chair and let Kookie sleep on my lap while I did a little reading. 

"Where am I?" I heard, after a while.

"You are with me and we are in my special room." I said softly as Kookie just woke up.

"Oh." Kookie said.

He sat up and rubbed his eyes cutely. He looked around and his eyes widened. 

"Did a library eat us?" Kookie asked, which made me laugh.

"No sweetheart. That is the best reaction I have had to this room." I said chuckling.

"Why did you pick a library?" Kookie asked.

"I am a bookworm. I love reading all kinds of books. Bibliographies, fiction, non fiction, history. It's something I did before I turned and wanted to keep it. The guys sometimes pick up a book from here and read." I said.

"Is there anything you don't have or don't read?" Kookie asked more interested now.

"I have the majority of books however to answer your question it is recipes and other cookbooks. I can't cook and if I see something I really like I would want to try and make it. Jin has banned me from cooking in the kitchen as when I was the newbie I nearly set fire to the kitchen." I said, a little embarrassed.

"That's cute." Kookie said.

"I do have some recipe books but they are for Jin and Yoongi as they can cook. They know lots of recipes but sometimes they want to learn something new." I said.

"I have a lot of essays and reports I will need to write soon. Could I use the books you have in here please?" Kookie asked.

"Of course. Some of the books are extremely old so you need to be very careful with them." I said.

"Okay." Kookie said happily.

"There were two other reasons why I stole you." I said, wrapping my arms tighter around Kookie’s waist.

"Oh." Kookie said and blushed as I said the stole you part.

"Last night when you said the nickname for Tae. I didn't mean it was bad. I was just not expecting you to give Tae a nickname but it's really cute." I said.

"Okay." Kookie said and leaned back so his back was against my chest.

"The other reason was so I could tell you about my power." I said.

"Ohhh yippee." Kookie responded excitedly.

"My power is being able to read people's thoughts." I said.

"I know Jimin's power can be good or bad but I'm thinking yours is in the same boat." Kookie said.

"It is. It's very good being able to know people's thoughts or what they are thinking. Especially if my mates are upset I can read their thoughts to understand why they are upset and I can tell the others." I said and placed my chin on his shoulder.

"Why do you tell the others?" Kookie asked.

"It helps them calm down if they know what is going on. It also helps us all try and figure out the best way to go forward." I responded.

"Can you read my thoughts?" Kookie asked.

"Not all the time. When you're ready and do the change I will be a lot better but there are some things I can pick up." I said smiling.

"Can you tell me what you have picked up?" Kookie asked again.

"I know that you're planning on letting Tae be your first kiss as he wants to be first in something with you and as he can’t turn you. You have thought of another way to make him happy." I said.

"Don't tell him. You need to promise." Kookie said, panicking a little.

"Don't worry. Your secret's safe with me." I said and pecked Kookie’s neck.

"When did your power come after turning?" Kookie asked.

"Between four and five months." I said.

"Really?" Kookie asked, confused.

"I am sure it started after four months of turning but didn't realise until it was a month later which would be the fifth month." I said.

"How did you figure it out?" Kookie asked, turning towards me.

"I heard thoughts thinking they were my own. I got really confused because the thoughts I was having didn't make sense. I could be in the living room on my own and suddenly have thoughts about a member who isn't beside me." I said.

"That would be confusing." Kookie said.

"I was off for a few weeks and Jin noticed. He told me to tell him what was wrong and he then realised what my power was. I was so relieved to find out that the thoughts I was having weren't mine as it made sense." I said.

“I need to be careful around you as you can know my thoughts.” Kookie said.

“I keep what I know to myself but if I think someone’s thoughts are serious I would tell Jin as he is the oldest. Or I would ask the person about it and go from there." I said.

“That makes me feel better. Can we go and get food? I am hungry.” Kookie asked.

“Of course. Let's go.” I said. 

I stood up and began to carry Kookie bridal style with the blanket still wrapped around him. Kookie giggled and pecked my cheek then snuggled into me.

“What was that for?” I asked as I walked towards the stairs.

“Thank you for telling me about your power as well as letting me use your library when I need it.” Kookie said.

“You're welcome.” I said.

“Where the hell have you been?” Jin asked loudly.

“Umm.” I said, making Kookie laugh. 

“Come here my baby.” Jin said to Kookie which made him smile.

“What did that big man do to you?” Jin asked Kookie.

“He showed me his room which is the library and told me about his power. I am also able to use his library for projects when it comes up.” Kookie said he snuggled into Jin’s body and kissed his neck.

“Be careful Kook. You could wake up Jin Junior with that move.” Jimin said.

“What’s Jin Junior?” Kookie asked.

“Go and set the table you dirty boy.” Yoongi said to Jimin.

“He will get corrupted eventually. May as well start now.” Jimin said leaving.

“Anyone going to tell me?” Kookie asked.

“You will find out when the time is right. It is too early.” Jin said.

“Oh. I know already.” Kookie said, looking at his feet.

“How come?” Jhope asked.

“I can feel it against my bum.” Kookie said blushing very badly.