Chapter 4

Aiden's POV:

"What did you just say?" I asked, thinking I heard it wrong.

"She is married," He repeated cautiously.

What?!

James was saying something else as well but I couldn't hear anything. Everything went dead silent around me except a long beep sound in my ear. I felt like the walls were closing on me, I couldn't breathe, it was suffocating.

I stood up and stumbled when James caught me, I walked and stumbled again, I needed air. I went towards the balcony gasping for air. I put my hands on the balcony railing and take a few deep breaths to calm myself down.

She can't be married. It's impossible! She literally can't be married!!!

"Are you okay, sir?" I heard James ask worriedly.

"But sir as far as we got the information till now, they didn't register their marriage and they also live separately so there might be a chance-" he said hurriedly.

"How can you say that when you haven't got facts correct, James?" I was angered and a little relieved at the same time. But then how come he said that they are married when there's no proof.

"I'm sorry sir, our men were out on short notice and they quickly followed them after getting their address to gather as much information as they can because there is very little information about Mrs. Aberra so our men just informed us what they got while following them and according to them, the man with ma'am claimed to be her husband." He explained in a hasty tone.

I clenched my teeth hearing someone claiming to be her husband.

"Who?" I asked icily, controlling the beast inside of me.

"It's..." James hesitated again.

I glared at him.

"It's Logan Rossi, sir." I felt like someone punched me in the gut. No way! I swear I'll kill that b****d.

If you think that I will just watch you living happily with other men then you're mistaken my dear wife.. very much mistaken. I won't let anyone steal you away from me! I have done it once and I won't let this happen again, I swear!

"I want every single information about her and what happened to her in the last 5 years." I said dangerously.

It's time for us to meet!

I noticed James was still there.

"What is it?" I knew him well enough to know that he has something more to say.

"Ahem, you need to see this, sir." He cleared his throat and passed me a phone.

It was a picture of my Adira and that b*****d. The picture was from a little far from them so you can't see the faces clearly but I could see that they were really happy and she was smiling so beautifully while he had his hand on her shoulder. I felt like I tasted something bitter.

I suddenly furrowed my brows when I noticed something. She was holding someone, a kid? I zoomed in on the picture to clearly see the face of the kid in the picture but it was buried in her neck. I slid and saw a few more pictures but I couldn't see the kid in any picture, mostly she was carrying him the whole time. I had a weird feeling about it. Is it her kid?

I looked at James with questioning eyes and he nodded. "It's her kid!" he said. My heart dropped. Has she really moved on? Is she really married? Is she really happy?

'I hope we never meet again' her voice rang in my ear.

I sat on the chair in the balcony and cupped my head.