Chapter 38

Aiden's POV:

Ten days!!

I spent ten days with my son and wife and I am loving every minute of it. We were like a family. These days, I noticed how good of a mother Adira is! She keeps our son as a priority in everything. She was the best mother and I could feel a strong bond between her and Atlas.

I wanted to clear the misunderstanding about the cheating matter but I couldn't bring myself to do that!

Why?

Because she was avoiding me like a plague. She was trying not to be alone with me, everytime she would keep Atlas by her side like her lifeline and that's why we couldn't talk about anything properly.

Another thing that stopped me was the look in her eyes. I felt like she was finding it hard to be with me.. like it was difficult for her to be in the same room as me. She was trying to be kind towards me but I could see that she was forcing herself.

I did not want her to come to me because of Atlas but I wanted her to come to me because of love.

Love, that she never confessed..

But now after thinking a lot, I want to know her feelings for me and I think the only way is to confess everything about the past and explain to her what actually happened..

Only then I will be able to know her true feelings for me..

But, everything ruined the moment I got the picture of her hugging that b*****d.

No matter how loyal that man is, to her father. He is still a dangerous man who can kill in a snap of his fingers and I would never trust someone like him!

How could she be so close to him? Who was he in her life? By the look on her face, it was obvious that he was very important to her. She was smiling at him affectionately and my body burned with rage.

I completely lost it when she called him 'My Gio' and before I could even stop myself, I was already kissing her aggressively. When she kissed me back, I didn't want to stop. The need for her overwhelmed me but..

The desire, the need, the lust, the passion, everything died down the moment I felt her tear on my shoulder.

I felt like someone was stabbing my chest continuously with a sharp dagger as her tears rolled down without stopping. I tried to stop her somehow but I didn't know how to! I wanted to punch myself hard, she was crying because of me. It's all my fault. I didn't want to leave her alone in this state.

"Please! I don't want to see you right now." I felt a raw pain in my heart when she looked at me with begging eyes.

I was the reason for her misery..

I was the reason for her pain..

She didn't want me..

I quickly left her house before I broke down in front of her.

************

I went to Scorpions. I trained and trained for I don't know how long until Ryan stopped me, but whatever he said didn't register on my mind.

I wanted to forget her tears, her begging eyes, the pain that registered on her face. When Ryan didn't let me train more because I was bleeding already, I drank until I dropped.

When I woke up in the morning, Ryan was still sitting on the couch, looking at me seriously.

"Are you planning to kill yourself?" He asked in a frustrating voice.

I ignored him and turned to the bottle. He snatched it from me and threw it away angrily. The voice of breaking glass echoed in the room as the bottle broke in small pieces.