Chapter 17

The Past - VIII (Last)

Adira's POV

Aiden... Where are you? I need you right now! Something bad might happen to our baby...

'He is not coming, Adira! Come to your senses,' the voice in my head said.

'He never loved you! He just used you when his true love was away,' the voice continued.

But?! Those moments, those times we spent together, those sweet whispers, that gentle gaze, everything..

Was that a lie?!

Was it nothing to him?!

'Yes! It was nothing.. he doesn't need you anymore,' the voice answered.

I don't believe it!

'He will throw you now.' the voice whispered.

No! He's not like that. I don't believe it!!

'You mean nothing to him,' the voice said sharply

I don't believe it!!!

'You will see,' the voice replied sadly.

I looked in horror as another man took out something that looked like a syringe.

He came towards me with heavy steps and my body turned cold in fear. I put a shaking hand on my belly protectively as I looked at the other men who were staring and laughing at me evilly, while one man was focusing his camera on me.

"W-what do you want from me?" I tried saying bravely but my voice shook.

They laughed loudly like someone possessed and I felt like they came directly from hell as their evil laugh surrounded my ears.

"I can give you money if you let me go," I said again

The man who was coming towards me with the injection in his hand stopped and looked at me before looking at the camera.

"Really? Do you think I will believe you?" He said and laughed sarcastically.

"I am not lying, I promise," I tried to negotiate and buy some time.

He was about to answer when another man came to him and whispered something in his ear. He raised his one eyebrow and smirked before focusing on me again.

"Let's say I believe, what are you gonna give me?" He put the cap of injection carefully before putting it back in his pocket.

I almost sighed in relief to see that he was not going to inject it in me. Now, I need to get out of here safely.

I was about to answer when we heard a police siren. The man quickly put the camera down in a hurry. All the men panicked and looked at each other before looking at me.

"HELP!!!" I screamed on top of my lungs to get the attention of whoever was around.

The men quickly ran away hearing footsteps coming near and I also ran towards the voice of siren but suddenly I felt like I hit something on the floor and backed away but stumbled in the process, hitting the wall with my head as my vision darkened.

As I became fully conscious, I quickly checked myself. I was okay except the back of my head was hurting. I looked around and found two young guys, who looked like they were in their early twenties, staring at me worriedly.

"Are you okay, miss?" One boy with gray eyes asked as he crouched down in front of me. I backed away suddenly feeling scared. He stopped instantly.

"It's okay, it's okay, don't be scared, we are not going to hurt you. Relax," he said gently, putting his hands in the air like surrendering.