Chapter 43

Aiden's POV:

"No, love. It's not true, that scheming b***h was lying because I never had any kind of relationship with her and I didn't divorce you because of her.. I-I did use her name because I thought that was the only way you would not ask questions to me because.. If you had asked me anything at that time, I would never be able to let you go." I said, looking towards the ground.

"I don't understand, Aiden! I want you to explain everything to me in detail because this is all very confusing to me." She said seriously. I sighed heavily and nodded. She needs to know everything.

"Do you remember in university, I stopped attending and took online courses after I thought Ryan died?" I asked her and she nodded.

"You don't know how Ryan died, do you?" I asked.

"No, I just heard he had an accident!" She furrowed her eyebrows. I shook my head.

"It was not a simple accident. It was a planned murder. The day he supposedly died, I talked to him on texts and he said he is going to LA for work but I realized later that Davidson did not have any kind of work in LA, their all work was in New York and other states, but I shrugged the thought thinking he might be meeting a new client and would tell me later on. I was wrong because I couldn't get in contact with him for three more days. I decided to visit his home and there I got to know about his unexpected accident and death. His step father, Andrew Davidson, is a greedy and conniving b*****d, he was always after Ryan's inheritance so I was sure that there is more to his death except that so-called tragic accident. Me and our friends worked together for months to find out the truth behind that accident and we were right. That accident was caused by someone intentionally and it was just posed as an accident and that someone was none other than Clara Davidson." Adira gasped as her eyes widened. I took her hands in my hand.

"But you know what happened afterwards, we couldn't reveal the truth about his murder because we couldn't find any proof. That b****d send his daughter abroad immediately and manipulated her flying records so even if we proved that Clara's and Ryan's phone location matched at the time of accident, her flying records served as her defense which proved that she was out of country the day before accident and Andrew bribed a large amount of money to close the case as an accident and cleared the name of his daughter. We were young and inexperienced in these things. We didn't know how far people like Andrew could go. We were devastated that we couldn't get justice for our friend who was so dear to us. The incident only made me more bitter towards people and the world. I kept myself busy at work to forget about everything but I still grieved for my best friend who was more like a brother to me but we failed to protect him, we failed to get justice for him and we failed to punish the real culprits. The thoughts of you, crossed my mind more than a million times but I quickly pushed it away, closing and locking my heart.

I only returned when I got to know that grandpa was sick, but I got the shock of my life when he told me about the marriage. I was so angry that I behaved like a stupid and foolish jerk with you." She rolled her eyes.

"Yes, you did! You stole my first kiss." She narrowed her eyes at me, making me chuckle.

"Not just you, love! That was my first kiss as well." I replied smiling, looking straight into her eyes.

Her eyes widened and mouth opened in a small 'o' looking shocked. My smile widened and I nodded at her.

"Yes, baby, you're the only woman I have ever been with! I was never with anyone before you and I was never with anyone after you. You're my first and last in everything." I cupped her shocked face in my hands and kissed her cute nose softly before giving a slow kiss on her lips, she responded immediately.