Chapter 29

The Past - II

Aiden's POV:

I went to our usual training club and called Ryan to join but his phone was turned off. It was weird, he never turned off his phone before.

"Hey bro, what's up?" Silas Hendrix and our other friends greeted me and we gave each other a bro hug before we settled down on couches.

"Same as before," I replied and took the glass from him which he offered.

"You're no fun buddy," he said.

"Yours and mine definition of fun is different Hendrix, I don't find any fun messing with different women everyday," I said smirking and they all laughed.

"A*****e! I love adventures," he retorted, chuckling.

We talked for a while and I decided to call Ryan again, he was late. He didn't pick up so I left a message.

Aiden: Bro! We are waiting, you ain't coming?

After a little while, my phone beeped showing a message notification.

Ryan: Let's meet later, sorry bro! Something urgent came up at home and I needed to leave for LA for work.

I stared at the phone screen blankly. I just had an ill feeling suddenly but I ignored it and texted him back.

Aiden: okay! Tell me about it when you return. When will you be back?

I didn't get his reply after that.

***********

It's been three days since I tried to contact Ryan but his phone was off again. The ill feeling in my gut was getting stronger. I visited his penthouse and his security informed that he hadn't returned for three days.

Now I was worried, it never happened before, his phone was turned off and there was no contact from him after we talked last time.

I decided to visit his mansion where his family lived. There were several people there wearing black, like attending a funeral.

Did Andrew die?!

I went inside because it looked like they had just finished the funeral. I immediately spotted Andrew talking to some old men. He looked at me and his eyes flashed with hatred and rage.

I was not surprised. He hated all our friends because we were friends with Ryan and supported him when he didn't. But his hatred towards me was more than all of our buddies, I don't know why though,

"I came to meet Ryan, I couldn't contact him for a few days," I said coldly, ignoring his gaze.

"What kind of friend are you when you don't even know that your friend is dead?" He mocked me but my mind didn't register what he said.

"What did you just say?" I asked again

"Oh Mr. Aberra, was Mr. Davidson your friend? Our condolences," the group of men approached me.

What are they talking about? How can they say that? Ryan died? What s****y thing are they all implying? Andrew has to do something with this!

"Where is he?" I looked at Andrew murderously and held his collar in rage.

"Where is he, you b******d?" I shouted and attacked him but the team of guards came and pushed me away.

I fought with them, kicked them, punched them but there were a total of fifteen or more guards and soon I was pushed out of the house.

I called our friends and we met at the club. All of us were present because the news was quite shocking and no one believed it was normal.

"There was an accident three days ago and it was reported that someone died. The car belonged to Ryan and he was going to LA but the accident occurred," Silas said and handed me the file. I stared at the table blankly.