Chapter 11

The Past - II

Adira's POV:

I stared into those beautiful blue eyes, staring back at me intensely.

He grew up so handsomely with hypnotizing blue eyes, pointy nose, full lips, his pearly white teeth, sharp jaw and slight curly dark brown hair. A beautiful dimple on his chin, he was the definition of perfection.

I noticed my hands were on his hard chest fisting his shirt. I lose my grip on his shirt and looked at him again but this time his eyes were cold, distant and angry. I quickly pulled away from him and hastily picked up my bag.

"Thank you," I bowed a little and quickly walked past him.

"Wait!" I heard his cold voice. My heart thumped in my chest and I turned to see him.

"Here," he picked up my phone from the floor and handed it to me

"Oh! Thanks again," I said, took my phone from his hand, making sure to not touch his hand and immediately walked to my class to meet up with Logan.

So much for not seeing him till graduation!

Since that day, we bumped into Aiden almost everyday, but he never noticed me again like I don't exist at all. I couldn't help but notice that he never looked at girls. Although his friends had girlfriends or flings, he was never involved. I don't know why but knowing that he was not a womanizer gave me a weird warm feeling inside my chest.

One day, I was talking about an assignment to one of my classmates, Olivia, when Logan came from behind and wrapped his arms around my neck casually, listening to my conversation with Olivia and also taking part in discussion. Suddenly, I felt weird as if someone was looking at me. I glanced around casually and my eyes caught Aiden glaring at.. me and Logan?

He was enraged. If looks could kill, we would be six feet under the ground by now. I averted my eyes immediately, not knowing what to do. Why was he glaring at us? Or maybe I misunderstood. I looked up again but he was nowhere to be seen. Strange!

Few days later, I was done with classes, so I went to the parking lot for my car when I stopped. Aiden was talking to some blonde girl in the distance but I couldn't hear what they were talking about. Suddenly that girl hugged him and he put his hands on the girl's shoulder when his eyes landed on me. I got rooted to the spot, unable to move. He stared at me with a cold and dark expression and then moved his arms around the girl, hugging her back, all the while glaring at me.

My eyes welled up with tears as I quickly averted my gaze from his piercing glare and looked at the ground before hurrying to my car and driving off. I realized that day.. that I have fallen for him!

Just like that, our second year started and I got to know later that the girl I saw with Aiden that day was a fresher and her name was Clara Davidson and she was a sister of one of his best friends, Ryan Davidson. She joined college recently. Whenever we saw Aiden after that, she was always by his side, clinging to his arm. I avoided them like a plague but somehow I still end up seeing their glimpse. I made sure to keep myself away from them, to protect my heart.. I didn't want to see how that cold man turned into a kind and gentle person only for her!