Chapter 46

Aiden's POV:

A sudden smile appeared on my lips as I stared at the picture of Adira sent by James from back at home. She was sitting on a chair working on her study table, hair curled up in a messy bun as a few strands tickled her face, wearing round glasses and a pen on her chin.

She looked deep in thoughts, staring at the document in front of her. She looked so beautiful-

What?!

I realized what I was doing and my smile dropped immediately.

I should focus on the meeting. Sighing, I looked at my marketing head who was presenting the marketing plan for our latest manufactured product but my mind didn't catch what he was saying. I could only see his lips moving.

Maybe she was also working, I heard from James that she is working alongside her father at their company. She is so talented. My wife is really a rare gem and she was looking so cute in her casual clothes..

What the..?

I realized my lips were stretched in a ridiculous wide smile again. I roughly cupped my lips with my hand and forcefully pursed my lips.

What has this little woman turned me into..?

I looked towards the window, annoyed at myself for thinking about her. Maybe I should tell James to stop sending me her pictures about her daily activities, I see hundreds of her pictures daily that's why her thoughts crawled in my head. Yeah, that must be it!

Weather is nice today, a little cloudy, indicating that it might rain.. Adira would love it, she likes rain.. my smile appeared again.

What the freak?!!!

"I won't smile, I won't smile, I won't smile!!!!!" I stood up and wiped the smile off my face and threw it away stupidly and kicked it like it had a physical existence. I was hell annoyed at myself and her, for-- for just- being so cute!!

"S-sir!" I snapped my head towards the voice, only then did I realize what I just did. The whole conference room was in pin drop silence as they stared at me with wide eyes. I, on the other hand, stood near the table and my seat was still flying backwards due to the force I put on it while I stood up and finally it collided with the glass wall.

Did I just embarrass myself in front of my employees?!

"Ahem- um- Yeah, that's a good proposal, continue!" I cleared my throat and spoke seriously, ignoring the curious gazes of my staff. My assistant, Sean, brought my seat back to its place and we continued the meeting a little awkwardly.

I went back to my office after winding up the meeting, sitting on my seat as I massaged my temple. My weird behavior has been going on for almost four months now. Ever since I came to Russia after our marriage, this has been my situation, staring at my phone for hours, talking to myself, dozing off randomly in my office because I couldn't sleep at nights thinking about her but spacing out in an important meeting was the first time..

Hell... She has started affecting my work now.

I heard a knock before Sean came in, "Sir! That woman is here again." He informed cautiously. My mood dropped immediately and the chill spread out in the office room.

It's been a week since the incident with Clara and I successfully avoided that woman till now but she still didn't stop coming to my office, waiting at the parking lot when I didn't let her in, she even tried to break into my penthouse but security caught her. It's because of her that I am using private parking and not going to any public place where I can encounter that b***h because I don't trust myself that I won't harm her even though she is a woman, I increased the security and told her to stop looking for me. I had the things I needed from her, which is the evidence that could prove her records were forged and once the documents are submitted, she will be investigated by court. It could help us with Ryan's case but we are still in the process of legalizing the evidence.