Chapter 7

Adira's POV:

I entered home but it was very quiet. Huh?

Where are they? I was about to go upstairs to my room to check on Atlas when I saw Logan coming downstairs.

"Where is Atlas?" I asked softly.

"He is asleep, he got tired of swimming." He smiled but then furrowed his eyebrows and came towards me when he noticed my expressions.

"Did something happen?" I looked at his worried expression and my tears automatically rolled down my cheeks like an unstoppable tsunami. The pent-up emotions for the past five years and fear of losing Atlas, came rushing down at me.

"Oh, s**t! Adi dear you're scaring me, what happened?" He cupped my face, wiping my tears. I hugged him and sobbed. I cried for my past self, I cried for the days I kept waiting for my husband to come home, I cried for the nights I spent alone shaking in fear, I cried for my past self who kept waiting for someone who never came, I cried for the days when I saw Atlas sadly staring at complete happy families but putting a smile while looking at me, I cried for those few good days that I spent with the only man I ever loved and I cried for losing the love of my life who never loved me back.

Logan hugged me tightly and kept kissing the top of my head while stroking my back, "It's okay, I am here, it's okay!"

"I-I m-met him, I s-saw h-him today, Logan, h-he won't take Atlas a-away from m-me, right? H-he must be m-married and h-has a w-wife and a kid b-but I o-only h-have Atlas. I-I don't w-want to l-lose my son, h-he is everything I have, I'll d-die without h-him." I barely spoke between hiccups and sobs, I felt him stiffened before he made me look at him.

"Hey, hey, hey, look at me.. I won't let him take Atlas away from you, okay? No one can take him away from you, I promise you that!" I looked at him with a blank expression.

"I promise you, trust me, okay?" He reassured me again and again until I nodded, calming down a little. He made me sit on the couch before bringing water for me.

"Thank you!" I took a few sips of water and he sat beside me.

"Are you feeling better now?" He stroked my hair gently, I nodded and looked at him. He seemed really worried, I felt sorry for making him worry, this is the first time I have cried like this in front of someone.

"I am sorry, I made you worry," I spoke softly.

"Worry my a**. You scared the s**t out of me, you were crying so hard, I nearly pissed my pants thinking I can't do anything to make you stop," He replied dramatically. Typical Logan!

I laughed and slapped his arm. He chuckled and stroked my head, "You finally smiled."

"How can I not, when I have a joker friend?" I mocked him jokingly.

"Although I don't like that 'joker' word, I will still take that as a compliment." He wiggled his eyebrows making me laugh again.

He turned serious after a while and asked, "Would you tell uncle about this?" He asked, referring to my dad.

"No, no, I don't want to make him worry, he has a blood pressure problem and if he knows, I am sure he is going to stress about this, please promise me, you won't tell dad, I want to handle this on my own," I reassured him. He kept thinking for a while before he nodded.

"But on one condition. You won't keep anything from me and especially, you won't stop me this time. Mateo uncle and I didn't do anything to him back then because you begged us not to and we kept your decision as our priority but this time I can't do that. I can't let him hurt you again and again and not do anything about it. Your parents entrusted your safety to me and I won't ever let them down." He said seriously.