Chapter 34

Aiden's POV:

I put Atlas to sleep in the guest room after I told him about AI projects that he was interested in knowing. I never imagined a four year old kid would have so much knowledge about robotics. He told me that his mother always bought him books because he loves reading.

Atlas was not a simple kid. He was way too mature for his age, a real smartass! I smiled proudly as I thought about our son. I kissed the forehead of my sleeping son as I tried to sleep too, but I couldn't sleep, knowing that I was under the same roof as her and she was so near.. yet so far.

I kept thinking about us and didn't sleep a wink the whole night. I checked the time, 5:13 A.M. Heck! It's almost morning already.

Suddenly, I felt a door open very slowly. I quickly closed my eyes as I saw a familiar figure walk in. She stood by Atlas' side and sat on the bed. From the corner of my narrowed eyes, I saw her kissing Atlas' forehead as she stroked his hair. After a little while, I sensed her eyes on me and I immediately closed my eyes.

I heard her stand up from bed and as I thought she would be leaving the room, she came to my side. I stayed immobile but my heart was thumping so loud, I was afraid she might notice.

I felt her hovering over me as her addictive scent calmed my whole body. She touched my jaw in a feathery manner before she removed some hair from my forehead and traced my eyebrows softly. She was about to kiss my forehead but stopped abruptly, taking her hand away from me and left the room with quick steps.

I sat up and tried to calm my racing heart. What was that?! Was she still affected by me? I couldn't help being happy as another seed of hope started growing inside of me.

I waited for enough time before I left the room. I thought she would be in the kitchen but everything was silent. I looked around and found one door opened as light peeked through the half opened door.

As soon as I reached the door, my eyes met with one of the sexiest scenes I had ever seen. Adira was wearing a tight shirt and shorts which hugged her body curves perfectly and she had a very serious face as she punched the sandbag, practicing her moves. If this was not hot, then I don't know what was!

I could watch this whole day. Suddenly, Adira turned around and looked straight at me as if sensing the presence. Her eyes turned sharp and cold as she noticed it was me. So the Ice Queen's upgraded version was back!

I smiled at her brightly, walking close to her, "You're good! No wonder, you surprised me before," She ignored me completely and continued training. I went near her and stood in front of her, watching her practice.

"When did you learn martial arts, love? Because I remember you hated fighting before," I was curious about this for a while. I just wish it was not what I was thinking...

"None of your business," She hissed coldly.

"Everything about you is my business, love, and you know that," I replied seriously.

"Would you please leave? Don't you know, it's inappropriate to wander around in someone else's house. You're already crossing boundaries here, Mr. Aberra," she stated flatly.

"It's not someone else's, it's my wife's," I let out casually and her eyes snapped at me with a lightning speed. She stopped her practice and took slow steps towards me.

"Ex-wife, I hope I won't need to remind you of this fact again." She spat as her eyes darkened with rage. If she just knew...

"Let's set some boundaries here, Mr. Aberra, you are Atlas' father and I won't stop you to be with him but I would appreciate it if you keep your distance from me, otherwise we can't talk civilly," I felt so angry by her tone because she was talking to me like I am a freaking stranger and we are doing business deal here, for heaven's sake.