Chapter 16

The Past - VII

Adira POV:

I woke up feeling nauseous and rushed towards the washroom. I have been feeling sick for the past couple of days although it got better a few days ago but now it's back. Aiden even told me to see a doctor but I refused saying it's just an upset stomach. But the real reason is that I want to make sure of it before giving him a surprise. I realized I have missed my periods last month and this month too. I came out of the washroom after washing my face. Aiden was gone already, he has been busy with work these past few days and I know he was really exhausted. I am still a little nervous about what might happen if my doubt is correct but somehow, I am sure that Aiden will be really happy to hear about the news. Since these past months, he really proved to be the loveliest person I have ever met. He said that he wants to talk about something once his work has been dealt with, I wonder what that is.

It has been three months since we decided to take another step in our relationship and I have been the happiest woman on earth. It's like living in a beautiful dream and I don't ever want to wake up. A smile appeared on my lips thinking about our time together.

Three Months Ago..

I felt my back hit the soft surface of bed as Aiden kept kissing me with so much desire and need. The movie we were watching was long forgotten and we both lost in each other, melting into each other.

"Tell me you're mine, love," he said, "Tell me that you're only mine, always and forever," he looked at me desperate for my answer.

I cupped his face with my hands and said, "I am yours Aiden Alvertos, always and forever, Only yours!"

His eyes lit up with so much emotion as he planted a kiss on my temple.

After a passionate time together, we laid down, both panting heavily as he wrapped me in his arms completely.

"Sleep, baby, you are really tired," he kissed my temple and tightened his arms around me.

I suddenly felt very sleepy after all the exercise. I hummed softly drifting into the dreamland. As I was in my dream, I heard a beautiful whisper in my ear,

"I love you..."

I love you too Aiden. I replied in my dream.

************

I blushed as I remember our first night together. It was the start of our beautiful life together and I wish everything will stay like this forever. I love him too much and I never want to lose him because I don't know how I will be able to live without him..

Aiden was always too careless in bed. I tried reminding him to use protection a lot of times but he would just nod and then continue his pace, making me forget about everything.

I looked at the time and realized I was late. I quickly got dressed and took my things to leave for the hospital. I have already made an appointment with Doctor Jane and now I just need confirmation.

Though, I never expected to get the shock of my life.

************

I opened my eyes, groaning as I felt a throbbing pain in my head.

What happened?!

I remember going to the hospital and overhearing the conversation of the doctor and seeing Clara and Aiden. She was holding his hand and leaning on him while the doctor was warning her about her risky pregnancy. I remember noticing a small baby bump as she laid there.

I closed my eyes as I felt my heart squeezed in pain and a sudden cold air passed through me, making me shiver.

I looked around and I was beside a quiet roadside, in a small alley. I jerked up suddenly checking my clothes in panic as my eyes welled up.

I remember I was roaming aimlessly in a daze thinking about Aiden and Clara when I suddenly bumped into some weird looking men. They looked like thugs and they had sinister smiles on their faces while looking at me from head to toe.

I looked around and found myself in an unfamiliar surrounding.

"HAHAHA! Who thought we are going to be this lucky to find such beautiful prey on such a boring day." One man said with a sinister laugh.

"We can have fun with her and to think she has a beautiful body, we might get more money if we sell the video," Another man said evilly.

My eyes widened in horror and I turned around to run but as I turned there were three more men blocking my way. I immediately wrapped my hand around my belly, scared to death, for my baby and myself.

My body trembled in fear and I backed off.

"Let me go," I was frightened but I tried to stay as brave as I could. They were six men, there was no way I could run from them. The first person that came to mind as fear engulfed me was Aiden..

Aiden....

But he was nowhere...

One man took out a camera and my body started shaking in fright. Please God! Save me.

I backed off until I felt a cold surface of the wall hit my back.

I'm surrounded!

Help! Someone...

*************

Hello guys! The next chapter will be the last chapter of Adira's past before we return to the present.

Please let me know how you feel about this chapter. I want to know your feelings while reading this. I love reading your honest suggestions. 😊

Please don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share the story.

Have a nice day y'all. 💕