Chapter 53

Adira's POV:

He rushed towards us and pulled me away from Katherine with force. I collided on his chest but before I could say anything, he wrapped a protective arm around me, shielding me from her. Only then did I realize that his body was shaking slightly.

"What the f**k are you doing near my wife?" His tone was menacing. I tried to pull away from him so I could focus on what's actually going on, but his grip on me tightened and he pulled me closer. I looked up at him and he was glancing around sharply before his eyes landed on Katherine, glaring at her murderously when she didn't reply to his question but I did hear her sob.

"Are you working with them? Were you involved in everything that happened to me and Dad? Wasn't it enough that you abandoned us for your f*****g lover? And now you're destroying everything that I hold dear?" He roared, his anger consuming him. I quickly wrapped my arms around him, holding him tightly, and gently stroked his back.

"Please calm down, love." I whispered to him so that he wouldn't utter anything that he may regret later. No matter what, it's his mother in front of him and I know that no matter how much he hates her right now, there's a part of him who still loves his mom and yearns to be with her. His body relaxed a little but he was still tensed.

"Pl- Please, don't say that, A-Aiden. I have nothing to do with them, please listen to me, just this once. Don't hate me, I beg you." I turned my head towards her. She was crying but her eyes were fixed on Aiden, she gazed at him wistfully.

She wasn't what I used to remember. Although I had a quite vague memory of her but I remember that I found her smile quite familiar. It was because it resembles Aiden's smile. He got his mother's eyes and smile. But she was different now, her red hair were blonde now, her blue eyes were green now because of lenses and she mostly wore big glasses. Her face was usually covered with her hair, as if- as if she was hiding from someone.

"I don't need to hear out someone who abandoned us before. As far as I remember, you lost all the rights." He spat with bitterness and pulled my hand to walk away.

While walking back to the office, I turned my head to look back, Katherine was still standing there, crying silently, watching us.

"You're not hurt, right? You're okay?" As soon as we entered my office room, Aiden stood in front of me and held my shoulders and arms to check on me. His eyes were checking for anything unusual and he seemed to be in a panic mode.

I gently held his hands and brought them to my lips. "I'm fine, love, absolutely fine, are you okay?" I kissed his hands and pulled him into my arms.

"I'm not," was his only reply as he held me firmly. I patted his back and dropped a gentle kiss on his neck.

"You wanna talk about it?" I asked. He buried his face in the crook of my neck.

"I don't know what to say or even feel, right now. She- She abandoned us when we needed her the most. She left and never cared what happened to us. I don't know whether she was involved in those things or if she knows what happened to dad but does that even matter? The truth is, I hate her, I hate her so much but.. I don't know why I'm feeling like this, like- like-"

"Like you're longing for her." I completed his sentence and his body tensed at my words. Deep down, he was yearning for his mother's presence and love but he was guilty to feel that way.

"Love, there's nothing wrong to feel the way you do. There's nothing wrong in wanting your mother's presence and yearning for her love, despite everything that has happened. No matter what she did, she is your mother after all and you don't have to feel guilty for feeling that way." His body visibly relaxed to hear my words as he processed everything. I wanted to add that he needs to sit and talk with his mother seriously but I restrained myself from saying so because it may be too soon for him.