Chapter 15

The Past - VI

Adira POV:

I showered quickly and got dressed before going down to the dining room to see Aiden sitting there already waiting for me. When he noticed me coming, a beautiful smile appeared on his lip and he patted the chair across him for me to sit. My heart skipped a beat, this is new to me, him being so nice and gentle. I sat and stared at the table awkwardly, he put pancakes, toast and omelet in front of me and I thanked him before we started breakfast talking about random things like work and studies and awkwardness between us faded.

Aiden was very different from his past self. I remember grandpa Luis told me once that Aiden has changed since the accident of his parents. He was a sweet and caring guy before but since that accident, he became silent and kept sitting alone and didn't want anyone around him. He never smiled and just kept studying and working. He was a brilliant student, the topper. He started working early at his company and studying at the same time and he became a workaholic. He didn't have any friends, except his friends in university and he was always together with Ryan until he died.

"I heard about Ryan," I said softly. His body visibly stiffened and he stopped eating.

"Are you feeling okay?" I asked and held his hand on the table, stroking his palm and stared at him worriedly.

He looked at me and tightened his grip on my hand and just nodded. He was not ready to talk. I understood his situation and changed the topic again.

"Grandpa called me to say he's coming back tonight," he said suddenly.

"Really? He didn't tell me anything when I talked to him yesterday." I said and he shrugged his shoulders.

"Maybe he wants to surprise you," Hmm. It's very much expected from him, I smiled and nodded.

But he smirked, staring at me, eyes dancing mischievously.

"What?" I looked at him blankly.

"Excited to share a bed with me?" He winked at me.

"What the heck?" My eyes grew wide in horror as my voice raised in an octave. I quickly glanced around to see maids a few meters away from us and whisper-yelled at him, "I am not sharing a bed with you, you sleep in another room,"

It's too early. I am just in the process of absorbing his new side and now if I share a bed with him, who knows what would happen, especially the sexual tension between us is not helping either.

"You have no choice baby, besides, we are supposed to be married and in love when grandpa sees us," I thought about it for a while.

"Then you sleep on the couch," I came up with the best solution.

"I can't sleep on the couch with my height," he pouted and pointed his finger up and down on him, emphasizing the word 'height'.

"You will survive," I smirked and took the dishes to the kitchen, leaving him sitting there with a sullen expression.

For the rest of the day, we ate lunch together and then Aiden worked in the study room while I worked on my assignments and reviewed the documents sent by my assistant, Devon Einar. I was under business management training last year and now I have been working with my father, along with my studies. I go to the office on alternate days since I have classes but I managed to get used to this schedule.

Grandpa Luis came in the evening, of course I acted surprised in order to not ruin his happiness. We happily ate dinner while he told us about his trip. Aiden and I acted like a lovey dovey couple and he seemed to be enjoying every minute of it, kissing my cheeks, side of head and jaw and holding my hand from time to time. I gave him a hidden side glare to stop but he just smirked and continued talking to grandpa who was on the ninth sky with happiness, looking at us.