Chapter 60 - Final

Seven Months Later...

Adira's POV:

I woke up to the gentle touch of sunlight on my eyelids. As I reached out, expecting to find Aiden lying next to me, I was met with an empty, cool space. Confusion furrowed my brow as I scanned the room. Neither Aiden nor Atlas was there. Glancing at the clock, I realized it was already 10:00 A.M.

Did I oversleep again?

Normally, I don't sleep in so late, but lately, I've been feeling unusually tired and sluggish. The last time I experienced this was when I was pregnant with Atlas...

My eyes widened as a sudden possibility dawned on me.

Could it be?

I quickly got out of bed and proceeded with my usual morning routine. After a refreshing shower and changing into fresh clothes, I emerged from the closet fully dressed. Still no sign of Aiden, which was unusual since he's usually the first person I see upon waking, not to mention Atlas sleeps with us since the incident.

I made my way from our bedroom to the kitchen, where I heard the familiar sound of father-son banter.

"It's simple math, Dad. If 200 grams is for a one-pound cake, then it would be 400 grams for a two-pound cake. What are you waiting for?!" Atlas's frustrated voice echoed from the kitchen. I furrowed my brow.

Don't tell me they're wreaking havoc in my precious kitchen...

Father-son duo knows nothing about cooking..

"I just think that would be too sweet. I know a thing or two about math too, but I think the quantity is wrong," Aiden retorted with equal frustration.

I stood in the kitchen doorway, taking in the scene in front of me. Atlas was standing on a stool, and Aiden stood opposite him, holding a spoon. The kitchen was a mess, with utensils and ingredients scattered across the counters, leaving no clean space. Atlas's panda pajamas were covered in flour, and his face and clothes were marked with white smudges.

Aiden was shirtless, wearing only his casual shorts. His face, shoulders, and body were also speckled with flour and sugar.

There was nothing cuter than this scene unfolding before me. Both of them wore different pouts on their faces as they argued about the cake's measurements. I pursed my lips, trying to hide my smile, and spoke in a serious tone.

"What in the world is happening in this kitchen? Are you guys battling with the utensils? World War III?" I exclaimed, keeping my expressions neutral and serious.

Their heads snapped towards me, their eyes widening. They glanced at each other, then at the kitchen, then back at me.

"What have you guys done to my kitchen? Whose brilliant idea was this?" I asked, folding my arms across my chest.

They immediately pointed at each other, exchanging subtle eye signals, trying to shift the blame onto the other.

Unable to continue my act, I burst into laughter. I love them so much. Their features immediately softened, and Atlas joined in the laughter while Aiden smiled at us affectionately.

I walked over to them, showering them with kisses on their cheeks. "Happy birthday, Mom!" Atlas exclaimed.

"Thank you, baby," I said, pulling him into a warm embrace, not caring that I had just changed clothes.

Aiden wrapped his arms around us. "Happy birthday, love!" He kissed the side of my head.

"Thank you, love!" I beamed at him.