Chapter 14

The Past - V

Adira's POV:

I woke up grimacing as I felt a sudden headache. I sat up on the bed and cupped my head. I felt a little discomfort in my private area down there. What happened?!

I suddenly panicked and looked down at myself and relief washed over me as I noticed I was still wearing my clothes. Then why do I feel so uncomfortable down there? What really happened? I tried to recall.

Okay? I went to a club yesterday and I drank quite a lot and then I met some guy and then.. someone beat the guy up and that someone looked like Aiden and then..?

What happened then?!

Why can't I remember? I looked around, I was in Aiden's room. How did I come back home last night?

"You're up!" I shrieked in surprise when I heard his voice from behind. I turned and looked towards his way, he was sitting on the couch leisurely resting his foot on his other thigh and his one hand on the armrest rubbing his 5 O'clock shave, staring at me seriously.

It's been six months since I have seen him. He looked tired with slight red eyes and dark circles under his eyes.

"You?" I didn't know what to say. Was he the one I met yesterday?

"Did you bring me home last night? What happened?" I asked

"You don't remember?" He asked instead. I shook my head.

"I just remember that you came to the club last night."

He stood up and came near me, took a pill from the bedside with a glass of water and held it in front of me.

"Have this first," I took the pill and drank the water because my head was throbbing in pain. He sat in front of me on the bed.

"How? No, why?" I questioned, confused, if he was the one yesterday then was he lying he was in Russia this whole time?

"Have breakfast first, you ate the medicine on an empty stomach," he answered quietly. Hah! As you damn care.

"Answer my question. Since when?" I asked coldly this time.

He released a harsh breath and answered, "two months!"

He has been here for two freaking months and pretended that he was not.

"Why?" I glared at him.

He looked away from me and said, "no reason,"

Seriously?!

I got up from the bed and went towards the bathroom when he stopped me by holding my hand.

"Who said you can leave?" He said sharply. How dare he?

"I answered your questions, now my turn," he continued, before I could react to anything he pulled me by my hand and I bumped into his chest. He locked me by wrapping his arms around my waist, not letting go. My breathing hitched.

"Do you realize that what you did last night was really dangerous? What if someone tried to take advantage of you," he said angrily. Is he kidding me? After lying for months, he is here acting like he cares. I tried to push him away but he was too strong. I glared at him and he just smirked. Jerk!

"Let me go," I said firmly.

"Never," he said seriously.

What the hell does he want from me? I closed my eyes to calm myself before looking at him again.

"Let's talk like two civil people after you let me go," I said with a fake smile.

"But we are not civil people, baby, we are husband and wife," he stated amused. I almost rolled my eyes.

"I'm not your baby and for your kind information, I think you're forgetting Mr. Aberra that it's a temporary marriage," I tried to wiggle out of his arms again but no use, I huffed.

"I am aware of all the things you just mentioned, Mrs. Aberra," he chuckled and brought his face close to mine as he turned serious, "but I think you have forgotten the fact that you are Mrs. Aberra, since you were in the arms of another man last night, if I hadn't got there in time, who knows what would have happened," he said accusingly as his eyes turned dark with anger.

"Although it's a fake marriage, I would like you to keep in mind that I don't share. You're mine until we're married, only mine, do you understand?" He said in a calm yet dangerous tone.

He changed.. I looked into his eyes and I noticed he was not the same as before. His eyes in the past were always cold and serious and rarely showed emotions. But right now-no, since this morning, he was different, various emotions showed on his face. He was acting strange and more strangely, I was liking this side of him better.

Except, right at the moment, he was behaving like a possessive husband trying to put a claim on me when he is not even my real husband and moreover he was implying like I might have cheated on him if he hadn't come last night. Jerk!

"Who do you think I am? I am not someone who you can accuse like this. I don't care if a marriage is fake or real, I respect my vows and I have stayed faithful to our marriage and I will stay faithful. And for your kind information, that club is owned by a friend of Logan and it was completely safe because the staff knew what to do in case I got drunk. And for the guy.. I was not in his arms but I stumbled and he caught me because I was drunk and I was about to tell him to let me go when you arrived." I finished my sentence and glared at him hard.

He looked into my eyes straight for a moment before he smiled widely.

What?!

This is the first time I have seen him smile so genuinely like he is really happy. I stared at him dumbfounded, he looked so handsome and I couldn't stop looking at him.

He came closer and kissed my forehead ever so gently and my body felt like it turned into jelly. This was so different from our last kiss but this affected me more.

He hugged me tightly into his arms and my anger was long gone. I wanted to ask him about why he lied but I decided to give him time, it's not like we are a normal couple.

"Go and refresh, so that we can have breakfast," he said, smiling gently at me.

I just stared at him, lost in his eyes and smiled.

"Okay?" He asked again

I nodded absentmindedly and he released me, I suddenly felt empty. I turned to go to the bathroom in my own thoughts when I suddenly looked at myself in the mirror.

What happened last night?!

"Aiden," I said loudly.

"Yes baby," he replied casually. My heart skipped a beat at his soft tone and endearment.

"What happened between us last night?" I pointed to the hickeys all over my neck and near cleavage.

"D-did we?" I asked in horror, pointing my finger on him and me back and forth. I remember I felt discomfort down there.

"No baby we didn't," he came near me and answered. Relief washed over me but..

"T-then why?" I looked at him hesitantly.

"Why what?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Um-uhm, that- I mean- um," I looked down at myself not knowing how to ask.

"Do you really wanna know baby?" I looked at him and he was smirking, staring at me and then his eyes darkened with desire as they moved down to my bottom and stopped there before he looked up at me again and licked his bottom lip.

My eyes grew wide as the realization hit me and my whole face turned crimson red as I ran yelling at him.

"PERVERT!" I heard his loud laugh as I entered the washroom and locked the door quickly before leaning on the door, breathing heavily. I closed my eyes to calm myself down and stood in front of the mirror. I stroked the hickeys as a shy smile appeared on my lips.

****************

What do you think about today's chapter, please let me know in the comments. 😊

Please don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share the story.

Have a nice day y'all. 💕