Chapter 50

Adira's POV:

"My dad? Ex-Don? The leader of the Italian Mafia? Carlo Isidoro?" He nodded.

"Are you sure you're talking about my dad? I mean I know he has quite a lot of complicated connections in the business world but he couldn't be involved with guns and blood," I pictured my dad as a mafia don with a deadly facial expression and dangerous aura.. I couldn't, he is a gentle giant for me and mom. I did see him serious a few times but all those times, he was aware of my presence and his expressions were serious but still soft.

"Yes, baby. I know it's quite shocking for you. Honestly, it was shocking for me too. I had no idea about him until we got to know the legends of the underground and he is one of them. But you know, a part of me was glad to know that your father was Carlo because I knew that no one would dare to lay a finger on you knowing they will face the consequences. Just one snap of his fingers and the whole group of Russian Mafia would vanish from the face of earth. Your father, even though he is no longer the leader but his hold on the underground world is stronger than ever. You know your father's friend, Vincenzo Rosalia?" I nodded my head immediately.

"He is my dad's best friend and lives in Italy but we rarely meet him. Last time we met him was three years ago when I went to Italy with Atlas, he is one of the sweetest man I've met, just like my dad and not to mention he is the only one who can make fun of my dad in front of his face." I smiled, recalling their bickering. Aiden looked at me as if I've grown three heads.

"That 'sweetest' man is the current leader of the Italian Mafia, baby, you sure have an eye to judge people's nature." He said incredulously, turning sarcastic at the end of his sentence. I laughed out loud.

"Love, I can't imagine my gentle giant dad and uncle bear as a mafia-"

"GENTLE GIANT AND UNCLE BEAR?!!" his voice was loud and mouth agape as he stared at me like he couldn't believe I was taking it so easy. To be honest, there were quite few things that made me suspicious about my dad and Sergio, there were few times when I caught them changing topic when I was around but it didn't bother me much because I knew my dad kept his business connections private due to safety reasons but now I knew it was because of his involvement in the underground world.

"So all those times when Gio said he only 'threats' and 'clear ways' for dad actually involved all this?" I looked towards Aiden and his mood took a 180 degree angle turn as he scowled at me.

"Gio? 'My Gio'?" He snorted sarcastically, mimicking my voice and rolled his eyes. I knew that except the word 'Gio' he didn't hear anything else. His cute reactions made me laugh out loud and he scowled more while pouting subconsciously.

"I can't believe you are actually getting jealous even after knowing that there is no one else except you," I kissed his pouting lips and his expressions softened but he was still sulking.

"You called him 'yours' and you called him with so much affection and you even hugged him.." his scowl was back as he whined in a complaining tone. I moved from my place and straddled on his lap again, he immediately wrapped his arms around my waist.

Cupping his cheeks, I explained, "Listen love, Sergio is like a brother to me. I do love him but just as a family. He was only thirteen years old when dad brought him home. He told us that he saved him from an orphanage which was illegal and they were the group of human traffickers. Sergio lived with them for we don't know how long because he was very sensitive about that topic. He was badly abused by them and he had a very few friends who were killed by those monsters. He refused to talk to any of us, he just kept staring into space blankly. It was only a year after a lot of therapies and our support that he was able to come back to life. My parents adopted him officially but he opted for working for my father because he was grateful but I know he love us as a family too. He has accepted me as his elder sister too. Moreover, he is in love with someone, a beautiful girl."