Chapter 10

Adira's POV:

What have I done?!

"Baby-" He tried to say something.

"Don't.. just don't," I said.

"Okay, I will leave for now but we have things to talk about Adira... And.. and I wish and hope that you won't regret what happened just now.. please don't regret!" He spoke in a vulnerable voice. Vulnerable? The Aiden Alvertos and vulnerable? Impossible!

He unlocked the door when I didn't answer and I went out instantly.

Logan rushed towards me and held my shoulders as I heard his car drive off.

"Are you okay?" He asked, concerned. I looked up at him and his eyes became wide and sharp.

"Adi, did he try to force himself on you?" He asked, shaking with anger and his voice raised in octaves.

Did he force? No!

"N-no, he didn't. How can I.. how can I respond to him?" I whispered confused, my eyes welled up. No, this can't be! I hate him with all my heart. No!

"Hey, it's okay, don't worry, it's okay." His voice mellowed as he hugged me and patted my back comforting me.

"You cannot order your heart to love or hate someone, just like you cannot order someone's heart to love you." He said softly and then made me look at him.

"Let's go back, hm?" He asked, stroking my head. I nodded and went towards his car.

I was confused. It took five agonizing years for me to build a thick wall around my heart but why is it that as soon as he came into my life back, my wall of defense is wavering already.

'No, Adira! You can't let him play with you again and leave you later like a tissue paper when he is done with you.'

That's right I can't and I won't let him destroy my emotional state once again. Since he has already guessed about Atlas then there is no reason to hide anymore but I won't let him in my life or my son's life. He does not have a right anyway.

I lean my head on the passenger seat while staring out of the window, thinking about the time when I first met Aiden..

The Past - I

18 Years Ago...

Alvertos Villa:

Our family, my dad, mom, grandpa and grandma, were sitting in the living room, talking to grandpa Luis, whose face looked really tired and sad.

Grandpa Luis is my grandpa's best friend and he lost his son and daughter-in-law in an accident just a few days ago. We were in Spain that's why we couldn't come here right away but as soon as we landed, we came directly here.

My grandpa, Antonio Rhys Jackson, preferred to live in his birth country with grandma, unlike mom and dad, who lived here in the US because of business but we often go to Spain for vacations. This time when grandpa heard the news, he decided to come back with us.

Grandpa Luis is a very nice and kind man, he used to come to our home often when grandpa visited us here. It's so sad to look at him like this.

"What actually happened, Luis?" My grandpa asked.

Grandpa Luis looked at me first and stroked my head kindly before saying, "I have a grandson and he was with them in the accident, you haven't met him yet. His name is Aiden and he is twelve years old. Why don't you go and meet him? I am sure he will feel better if he meets someone around his age. He is in the garden there," he pointed to a small door which led to the inner garden of the mansion. I nodded and went in his said direction.