Chapter 28

Eight Years Ago..

The Past - I

Aiden's POV:

I parked my car and got out. Ryan told me he will meet me here in a few minutes. We had a class today. I looked at my watch and sighed, he was late. I leaned my back against the car while waiting for him. A shiny black Lamborghini entered the parking lot and parked a few places away from my car. A girl came out in a hurry. My eyes widened when I realized who she was. Adira Beyonce Jackson!

Grandpa did inform me that she will be joining but I didn't expect to see her this early. Before I could even react, my body moved on its own and I found myself walking towards her. She didn't see me yet and was walking fast towards the university building. I stopped a few steps away from her and she bumped right into me, she stumbled back and I caught her in my arms before she could fall.

"Ow!" She rubbed her nose and fisted my shirts on instinct. She looked up at me and froze, she recognized me. I looked into her eyes and felt like I couldn't move at all. She was mesmerizing, her hazel brown eyes staring back at me and her lavender scent made my insides jingled up. I could feel my heart hammering in my chest like it would come out any moment. She loosened her grip on my shirt and I felt a sudden warmth of her hands left my chest and it felt weird. I immediately came to my senses.

What are doing, Aiden?!

She looked at me again and immediately pulled away. I clenched my hands into fists and looked at her coldly.

"Thank you," she said and walked past me.

"Wait!" I called when I noticed her cell phone on the ground and gave it to her.

"Oh! Thanks again," she said hurriedly without looking at me and went into the building. She almost ran.. Am I that ugly?!

"You know her?" I heard Ryan's voice behind me.

"Adira," I answered simply, still staring towards the way she left.

"Oh! So it's her." He said and I turned to him to see him smirking.

"What?" I asked, annoyed.

"Nothing, let's go." He shrugged his shoulders. I ignored and went with him.

Normally, I hated coming to university except for classes because all my friends and I were busy working, building and expanding our businesses. But now I had to adjust my schedule to match the timing of classes with her class schedule. I was just keeping an eye on her from afar. It's a pain in a**!

I noticed she was always with a guy named Logan Rossi. Maybe that's her boyfriend but grandpa never talked about her boyfriend. I don't know why but that 'boyfriend' word annoyed me a lot. She had a few other friends as well but that Rossi guy never left her side. There were so many guys that tried to make a move on her but she never entertained anyone.

"Why don't you try talking to her?" Ryan inquired, eating his fries beside me.

We were in a cafeteria and I was looking at Adira, who was talking to some girl for a while.

"Why would I?" I asked flatly.

"For real? You have been watching her since her first day here, you changed your classes timing to match her schedule and everyday you make sure to come here early just so you can 'keep an eye' on her." He replied, raising an eyebrow and emphasized the last sentence in a mockery.

"I'm just doing it because grandpa asked me to take care of her and I will obey his orders," I replied, without taking my eyes off her.

"And that involves you threatening every single guy who tries to approach her even after you see that she doesn't entertain her suitors?" He mocked.