Chapter 26

Adira's POV:

I decided to go back to the mansion, rather than the office. I wanted to be with my father. To girls, their fathers are their first love, their king and someone who can never be replaced.

No matter how strong I become one day, when it comes to my dad, I am always his princess. I can act spoiled in front of him and he would gladly pamper my irrational behavior.

I entered the dining area, seeing my dad and Atlas having lunch.

"Mommy!" Atlas ran to me, hugging my legs.

"You're back already?" He asked curiously.

"Yes baby, mama missed you that's why I came back." I kissed his cheek and brought him back to the table.

"Dad!" I walked up to dad and kissed his cheek and he smiled at me lovingly, kissing my forehead. I sat on the table with them, having lunch.

"Where's mom?" I asked.

"She is out with your aunt Celine." I nodded. They both are very good friends and hangout always, so it's not new.

Surprisingly, dad didn't ask me much about coming home early. After lunch, I put Atlas to sleep and went downstairs to find my dad in the living room, watching TV.

"You're not going to the office, dad?" I asked and my dad looked at me seriously, without replying. He opened his arms quietly and I knew he guessed something was wrong, he always did.. seeing him looking at me with so much affection, reassurance and fatherly love, broke my walls instantly as I ran into his protective embrace.

I just lay my head on his chest, not saying anything. He stroked my hair softly.

"Mi hija." My dad spoke in a gentlest voice after a while.

"Yes, dad."

"You know that your mom, you, Atlas and your grandpa are my life, right?" He asked softly. I nodded.

"You all are also my everything dad." He kissed my forehead and continued.

"Then my princess, do you really think I don't know what's going around all of you?" He asked and I turned to face him.

"You know?" I asked dumbly. He smiled lovingly, ruffling my hair.

"Every. Single. Thing." and I knew at that moment, someone would be doomed soon...

"I trusted my daughter to tell me everything by herself and yet.. my daughter doesn't trust me enough!" He remarked sadly. I never saw dad this dejected before, I felt like someone squeezed my heart. I immediately shook my head.

"No, dad! It's not like that. I did not want to worry you and besides I thought I could handle everything." I said hurriedly because it was true.

"It's for others, my princess. When it comes to your father, you don't need to handle everything by yourself. You need to lean on me and I will handle everything for you. You don't need to face the world by yourself, mi hija, your father is still alive to fight for you.." He continued,

"And.. you're still trying to protect him, mi hija, do you think I did not know that?" He stated as a matter of fact. I lowered my eyes down as I felt tears welling up.

"I let you marry him back then because you wanted to and I thought he could take good care of you but he failed me and I don't give second chances to anyone." He stated, softly but I knew he was damn serious.

"He doesn't mean anything to me dad, but Atlas needs him and I saw him with Atlas too, he is a really good father and I can't do this to Atlas. I just want my son to be happy." I answered softly.