Chapter 54

Aiden's POV:

I looked at her as she averted her gaze from me.

I closed my eyes and exhaled a deep breath, feeling betrayed and deceived.

This is not f*****g happening!

I walked out of the restaurant without saying a word to her. I don't wanna say anything that I'll regret later, I need to get out of here and she's coming with me.

I can't even leave her here alone!

"Aiden, love, please listen to me, for once." She followed me.

I stopped near our car and turned around to face her, "No, you listen to me. I f*****g told you not to meet her. Do my words hold no value to you? You know everything that happened, you f*****g knew how much she hurt me. Yet, you went behind my back and planned to meet her without my knowledge. Did you even consider for a moment how I would feel, knowing that the person I trust blindly, my wife, the love of my life, disregarded my feelings and went behind my back when you knew so well that this would hurt me." I almost yelled in frustration and anger.

She stared at me with begging eyes and tried to hold my hand but I backed away. Hurt was visible on her face as her eyes welled up. Damn! I can't, with her tears.

I was about to hold her when her words stopped me, "Do you even trust me?" Her question reignited the anger that had momentarily subsided due to her tears.

"Are you seriously asking me this? After everything we've been through, after all that has happened, you're questioning my trust?" I replied in disbelief, my voice laced with frustration and hurt.

"Can't you see that I'm just trying to protect you? Protect you and Atlas from any potential harm. Can't you see that?" I asked angrily, feeling hurt.

She stepped forward and cupped my face with her hands, turning me to look at her, "Love, please don't misunderstand me or my intentions. I didn't mean your trust on me as your wife but I meant your trust on me as a whole. Do you think I will just come and ask you to meet her when I know she had hurt you so much?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. My hands were itching to hold her but I controlled myself.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"It means that there are a lot of things that you don't know about. I know I have hurt you by meeting her behind your back and I'm sorry for that, love, but the reason I'm asking you to meet her is that she can answer you many questions about your father's case. I was shocked to hear the truth from her. What you know is not the whole truth. Please, do it for us and yourself, love. Believe me, you'll regret it if you don't hear her out right now. Please, understand me!" She gazed at me with pleading eyes. I rested my forehead on hers and closed my eyes, taking a few deep breaths.

After a few seconds of calming down, I opened my eyes and looked at her, nodding my head hesitantly.

I'm doing this for her, for us!

"I trust you!" She beamed at me and instantly captured my lips with hers. I groaned and pulled her close, wrapping my arms around her waist and deepening the kiss.

"Let's go in, she is waiting!" She said after a long kiss but not long enough for my liking, earning a groan from me.

I sighed and nodded as she dragged me inside again.