Chapter 35

Adira's POV:

I sighed as I parked the car in front of my parents mansion. It's been ten days since Aiden has been living in my penthouse because his back hasn't healed yet. I was utterly shocked when he turned us around while falling so that I won't be hurt, I felt guilty that he got injured because of me. I wanted him to be treated by a doctor but he refused saying it's not necessary. But I am getting worried now, if the injury is not serious, why isn't he getting any better? He didn't even let me see his back to assess his injury.

He was working from home and took some days off from his office because of his condition, he couldn't walk properly and I had to help him every time. Although he is behaving and not making any moves on me, it's still uncomfortable because his nearness affects me and his gazes are not helping either. He wouldn't stop staring at me and when I told him to stop staring, he would just pass me a cheeky smile and mumble 'I'm just making up for the times I couldn't see you' he almost whispered the words out but I still caught his words and I was literally speechless. I sighed again and came out of the car. I needed to discuss a contract with my dad before going to the office for an important meeting. I was also working from home so that I could take care of him and just went to the office for an important meeting.

I was about to walk towards the house, when I saw a tall figure wearing all black making his way out of the house. As soon as he noticed me walking, he immediately changed his route and started walking to the right side, avoiding me.

I raised my eyebrows as I quickened my pace, following him.

"Stop right there, Sergio Di Napoli!" I said aloud and he stopped in his tracks but didn't face me.

I walked up to him and stood in front of him, putting both of my hands on my waist, looking up at his 6'7" tall figure as I raised an eyebrow.

"You were avoiding me just now." I pointed out, observing his facial expression. His head was bowed down as he clasped his hands together in front of him.

"No ma'am! I wasn't. You are overthinking." He said respectfully, but didn't meet my eye. I knew it!

"Enough with this 'ma'am' nonsense, Sergio. You didn't meet my eyes just now. You think you can act in front of me? Keep your expressionless and dead serious face for work only, not with me," I narrowed my eyes at him and crossed my arms in front of my chest. An almost invisible small smile appeared on his lips, as he looked at me.

"I really can't escape from you, can I, Adi?" He said, looking straight at me. I chuckled and pulled his cheek affectionately.

"Come here!" I smiled widely and he gladly opened his arms and lowered his body to meet my height as I hugged him tightly.

He wrapped me up in his arms and patted my back, "I missed you a lot," I ruffled his hair while hugging him. "I missed you too, you look tired!" He replied softly, his dark and dangerous aura was long gone.

"Don't try to divert my attention, Mr. Napoli. I know all your ways," I said playfully and he laughed softly.

"I would never do that!" He shook his head and we both walked towards the garden area.

"So, dad must have asked you to do something, huh?" I asked but he stayed quiet. I know he would never tell me anything. He is more loyal to my dad than his own life. But I just wanted some hints.

"Okay, I know you won't tell me, but at least tell me if it's about my ex-husband? Pretty please?" I looked at him with my puppy eyes and he sighed.

"You know, he is just doing everything to protect you." He said seriously and I nodded.