Chapter 6

Adira's POV:

I came out of my reverie when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked to my side and found Simon Knight staring at me with a weird expression.

"Are you okay?" He asked, looking at my face.

Huh?

I touched my face and realized my cheeks were wet from tears. I hurriedly wiped the tears.

"I'm sorry sir, I didn't realize you were here," I replied softly.

"Ares!" He said.

"Huh? Sorry?" I asked, confused.

"You can call me Ares when we are alone." He said, staring at the view. I looked at him strangely, he was acting weird. I noticed his ear was red, is he embarrassed?

"It's my first name." He added.

"I thought you don't like it when people call you by your first name?" I asked softly, turning to the view.

"Yeah but you are not people." He replied, shrugging his shoulders. I didn't know what to say, this was the first time he was acting like this and I had no idea how to react.

"So? You know him?" He looked at me, "Aiden Alvertos" I sighed and nodded. I am sure he noticed in the meeting. That guy was literally making it obvious.

"He is my ex-husband." I stated truthfully. If the companies are going to work together then he will know about it sooner or later so it's better to tell him.

He looked at me, assessing my reaction and nodded before asking,

"Atlas' father?" I nodded.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you would be affected like this or I wouldn't have called you in the meeting today." He replied apologetically but his gaze on me was deep and observing.

"Oh no, sir! you don't need to apologize, it's not your fault. We will work together so it was a matter of time before we would cross paths," I said hurriedly, it was very weird seeing him apologizing.

"I told you, call me Ares." He said again.

"I am sorry sir, I am used to calling you 'sir' so it's hard for me to call you by your first name, especially since you are my employer." I looked at him apologetically. He sighed and nodded.

"Can I help you somehow? With- with the situation?" I thought for a moment and nodded.

"He doesn't know about Atlas. Can you please keep this from him?" He looked at me surprised but nodded after a while.

"But can you tell me what he did?"

"He cheated on me, impregnated his ex and asked for divorce later." I stated, flatly.

"Okay, don't worry about it." Although he didn't say much, he seemed like he wanted to say something but decided against it.

"Thank you. Let's go to the office, I will brief you on my opinions about today's meeting."

"Okay," he said and led the way.

Aiden's POV:

James glanced at me in the rearview mirror and shifted uncomfortably in his seat for nth time.

"Look straight and drive properly before I fire your ass, James!" I said coldly, glaring at him.

"Were you close with her?" I threw him a question that has been bugging me since the meeting.

"N-no s-sir, not at all, I just used to help her according to your orders when you were abroad for work." He replied stuttering.

I looked at the view outside the car window, sulking as I recalled the meeting earlier.

In the meeting earlier...

The door opened and the woman capturing my heart and soul came into view. My heart skipped a beat. She looked so beautiful. I couldn't take my eyes off her. She was really the definition of perfection. Big hazel brown eyes, small cute nose and full plump lips. She didn't change at all but looked more beautiful, strong and mature.

She greeted 'morning' to everyone before her eyes landed on me and she gasped. Her beautiful plump lips parted in shock. My heart was hammering in my chest so hard that I could hear my heartbeat in my ears. Yes love! I'm here, No running away this time. I kept staring at her to search her eyes, but there was only shock and anger. Nothing else, I expected this reaction but I don't know why I am so disappointed.

Knight called her and introduced her to everyone, she smiled professionally and shook hands with people. When her eyes landed on James, her smile became genuine and she shook his hand with both of her hands.

Heck?!

I glared at James, he was flustered and I noticed her smile widened. My temper rose immediately as my eyes narrowed dangerously.

"Nice to see you," I extended my hand towards her and said my words a little louder than usual. She glanced at me and her smile vanished and her expression turned grim. S**t! I knew she would try to avoid shaking hands with me but when she noticed people around her, she glared at me murderously and shook my hand. The moment her hand touched mine, I felt like everything vanished except me and her. Her hands were cold but soft, I stroked her hand and her eyes widened as she looked at me with disgust before pulling her hand from mine. I felt hurt and dejected.

She did not even give me another glance after that, as I don't exist. I knew this would happen, she might not want me, she might not look at me, she might not even want to see me. I considered every scenario before coming here then why am I so hurt because of her coldness towards me. I kept my eyes on her the whole time, I didn't care about the meeting because I knew James would handle it. I noticed her surprised eyes before she looked at Knight and smiled genuinely. My eyes turned dark dangerously but controlled my temper because I knew she would not appreciate it if I snapped here.

When the meeting was over, I immediately walked towards her to talk but she ignored me again and treated me like a stranger. I wanted to crush this whole place down but I controlled myself because I needed to talk to her but she left, ignoring me, again.

I was about to go after her when Knight called me to say that Timon wants to discuss something important. After talking with him, I tried to inquire about her but Knight informed me that she had left.

I could see the unfriendly glare that Simon gave me from time to time, even though he tried to be professional but I still caught his chilly demeanor. Anyways, I don't have time to deal with extra people right now, my hands are already full.

Argh!

I need to see her!

***************

Hello guys! I hope you enjoy the story, I really appreciate your interest ☺️

What do you think about the story so far? Please let me know in comments.

Please don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share the story.

Have a nice day y'all! ❤️