Chapter 47

Aiden's POV:

I drove past the cars, overtaking in the process and sped up like a mad man. I called Adira again and again but it went straight to voicemail. I was getting crazy thinking that she might get hurt and it would be my fault.

My damn fault!!

Where the heck is she? Why did she take a taxi and not go out with the driver?!

I need to know if she is okay. I felt suffocated.

I roughly loosened my tie to breathe and opened the top buttons of my shirt. I dialed her number once again..

'Sorry, the number you have dialed-' I threw my phone on the passenger seat and ran my hands through my hair in frustration.

"What are you doing, baby? Where are you?!" I whispered worriedly in a small voice.

I wanted to ask for help but I was afraid for my wife's security. I was sure they were tracking my activity. Her well being was the most important thing for me, even more than my life and anything in this world.

Location track...

Damn! You're a fool, Aiden..

I quickly picked my phone and dialed James.

"James! I want you to track Adira's phone location right now!!" I almost yelled as soon as he picked up.

"O-okay, sir! Is everything okay?!" I heard shuffling sounds and I knew he was on it.

"No, she is not safe. Text me her location, immediately!" I said and parked my car at the location which Clara sent me.

Hospital?!

Why a hospital?

As soon as I got out of the car, I received another text informing me about the floor and room number. I almost ran there, but I noticed a few shady looking men spread throughout the hospital.

F*****g b******s were following me.

I looked at the room number and entered hurriedly. My eyes widened watching Clara in the hospital bed with her stomach exposed and a small visible bump there.

What the f**k?!

"Come, darling!" She passed me a bright smile.

How could this f*****g woman smiled after threatening me to come here.

"Oh! Is he your husband?" The doctor asked.

"I'm not!" I replied frostily before she could say anything else. She looked shocked by my aggressive response.

Clara glared at me with a warning as she waved a phone in front of me before turning to the doctor.

"We just fought, that's why he is angry, please darling come here and stop being angry, I'm sorry for coming alone." She gave me a pointed look to follow. When I didn't move, she picked up her phone and started dialing. My body moved immediately and I stood beside her bed as I concealed my rage. Doctor looked at us with furrowed eyebrows but didn't say much.

"You have a risky pregnancy, you should be careful and take full bed rest, it's not good for the baby." Clara clutched my hand and leaned on me, I tried to take a step back but she glared at me. She held my hand more tightly, digging her nails on my palm.

Doctor was saying something but my whole attention was on my phone. I received a text from James about Adira's location, it was near the hospital. What is she doing around here?! I need to go, I need to see my wife, I need to see if she is okay. I forcefully pulled my hand out of her dead grip and glared at her with blazing fury in my eyes. I noticed the doctor was already gone.