Chapter 48

"When a man learns to feel love, he must also bear the risk of feeling hate." ~Obito Uchiha.

Aiden's POV:

Helplessness.. an emotion which can make you feel worthless. It would cut your heart deeply, leaving a scar on your soul. The invisible scar will forever be a part of you, always reminding you, your fall, your weakness, your defeat and your worth...

Tears rolled down my cheeks while staring at the screen. I no longer cared where I was, who I was with and who I was showing my weakness to!

I was no longer the Aiden Alvertos Aberra that the world knew. In the room, fallen on his knees was no longer a grown up man but a twelve year old boy who lost a father, a father who loved him more than himself, a father who took the crash for him, a father who died.. saving him.

He was alive, he was in front of me. My superhero, my savior was in front of me and not dead.. but alive and breathing. The happiness I felt seeing my dad alive died down and replaced with fear when I saw the gun pointed on his head. One moment I found my father alive after twelve years and another moment I was losing him again...

What had happened to us?

Why is this all happening to us?

What did I do to deserve this?!

"What have you done to us?" I let out a whisper and looked at the woman sitting on the hospital bed.

"What have you all done to us?!!!!" I roared.

"Aarghh!!!" I exploded in hurt, hatred, pain, frustration and helplessness.

"Aarghh!!!" I fisted my hair, pulling out aggressively as a few angry tears fell down my face but the hurt I felt didn't subside.

The men restrained me again and made me look up, "You can save your father, Aiden. Just divorce that b***h and do as I say." Clara tried to persuade me.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked, looking at her with empty eyes.

"Because I love you!" She replied and shrugged her shoulders.

I laughed as this was the funniest thing I have ever heard in my life.

"You call this love?" She glared at me murderously for mocking her.

"You are acting like this now but you will learn to love me one day and I know we would already be married if that b***h didn't come into our lives." She stood in front of me.

"There's only one woman who owns me, my heart, body and soul, everything of mine is hers and that's my wife, ADIRA ALVERTOS ABERRA! She is the only woman I will ever love in this lifetime. Even if I divorce her, she will always be my wife. No one but her! A b***h like you will never reach there because my wife has a standard while you clearly haven't-" A sharp slap sound echoed throughout the room as I felt my cheek stung. I looked up at her furious eyes and smirked darkly.

"One day, everything of yours would be mine, darling! Now, go and do as I say if you want your father to live. We are not done here, my dad will be seeing you soon because he wants to use Aberra Industries for expanding his business." She smirked again and nodded at the men.

They pulled me up and dragged me out of the room. The hospital floor was now empty with only their men spread throughout the floor. They pulled me out of the hospital towards my car.

"Make your wife sign the papers. Our boss and madam will be seeing you soon." He threw the paper on the passenger seat and pushed me inside the car. I maneuvered the car out of the hospital and sped up towards my home. I glanced at the rearview mirror, they were following me.