Chapter 25

Adira's POV:

I sat on the couch with Atlas on my lap.

"Are you really okay, munchkin? Were you scared?" I asked with concern.

"I'm okay, it was fun mama and you were like a superhero." He looked dreamily at me and I chuckled.

"What is this place, mom? It looks cool." He looked around curiously and I did the same.

It looked like a secret building or something because it was in the middle of trees which would look natural to a passerby but if you cross many trees and a barely visible roadway, only then you will reach this place. There were men dressed in all black, guarding the whole building. The security here was quite high, all men were respectful towards us as if we were their boss or something, it felt weird but strangely safe. I was so scared when I noticed the cars following us. All I could think of was to bring Atlas to safety but I didn't know where to go. It was sudden, that's why I was flustered at that moment. For the first time since meeting Aiden again after years, I was thankful that he was with us this time. If he didn't guide us to a safe place, I wouldn't know where to go.

A lot of things happened in these past years which made me who I am right now. That day when I saw Aiden in hospital with Clara and the helplessness I felt when those men tried to rape me was my turning point. I realized that you can't depend on people to save you because in the end, it's just you.

I felt so helpless that I didn't know how to protect the most important one in my life, my baby. That was the day I decided to make myself strong enough to protect the people I love.

"Let's go, love, come here, champ." Aiden came back and took Atlas from my arms as he gestured to me to follow him outside.

"Are you really okay?" He asked Atlas gently and he nodded vigorously. He was becoming a koala to his father as well. I smiled because it was cute, Atlas never asked for anyone's attention except me before and he would never stuck on anyone like a koala except me, not even Logan. But blood is thicker than water, I guess.

Aiden put his hand on my lower back as he guided me, my body tensed at his touch and I immediately distanced myself a little. His touch was affecting me too much and I won't let it go on like this. He clenched his jaw but I ignored him and went to my car. I was about to open the car door when he took the keys from my hand.

"I will drive, you sit and relax, you are really tense." I didn't argue and just took Atlas from his arms. But rather than sitting in the passenger seat, I sat with Atlas on the backseat.

"Are you serious right now?" He looked at me, pissed.

"I am sitting with Atlas," I said with finality, leaving no room for argument.

He huffed and didn't argue, probably because we were with Atlas, otherwise he would start a war with me. The whole drive, I could feel his burning eyes at me from the rearview mirror. I ignored and kept myself busy with Atlas. We reached the mansion and I sent Atlas inside after making sure that he won't discuss anything to mom and dad. Dad has been really quiet these days, it seems like he has been worrying about something but never let us know. Our matter today will just make him more worried. Moreover, Aiden said he will handle the matter, so I just need to be careful.

"You can leave, Mr. Aberra, I can manage from here onwards." I turned to Aiden after Atlas kissed both of our cheeks and went inside. Aiden was staring at the mansion, deep in thoughts.

"Um- I will take you to your office."

"No need, I can manage." I replied flatly.

"Don't be too stubborn, Adira, I am sure you don't want to fight me here in front of your parents house. Your father still doesn't know that we met again, does he?" He asked seriously.