Chapter 20

Adira's POV:

Fiancée?!

What is he saying?!

I looked at Simon in shock and Aiden also seemed like he was processing the information.

Before I could say anything, Simon took my hand and moved me towards the car, he opened the car door and deposited me on the passenger seat. He was about to close the car door when Aiden seemed to come out of his faze and grabbed his arm to kick him hard in the face again.

"Come out of the car Adira before I do something that you won't like" he glared at me but I stayed put which infuriated him.

"Face me Aberra" Simon called and kicked back Aiden. The security guards came to stop Aiden. Simon sat in the car immediately before driving away from there. I looked in the side mirror, Aiden was fighting eight guards and was glancing at our car anxiously before he ran towards us but guards stopped him again. I was about to tell Simon to stop the guards but two men suddenly approached him and helped Aiden. I looked straight and sighed.

What are you trying to do Aiden?! What do you want this time..

I sighed again as I remembered what Logan told me about him.

~~~

"He is not married, Adi." He sighed. I looked at him confused.

"I never wanted to tell you this because you were healing from the scars he gave you and I did not want you to think about him." He still seemed unsure.

"Logan! Speak correctly, What do you mean he is not married? Clara was pregnant when I left and.. He.. he divorced me so he could marry her!" I was utterly confused. Logan averted his gaze.

"Mateo will definitely kick my ass!" He spoke in a quiet voice and looked straight into my eyes.

"Look, Adi! He is not married. Only he can tell you the reason for it but I just wanted to tell you so if you.. You know, want to give him a ch-"

"Stop right there, Logan! I don't care if he is married or not! That doesn't change other things. So, please don't ever talk about this matter." I stopped him from saying further and stood up.

"I don't forgive who cheats!" I whispered in a low voice and left without looking at him.

~~~

I don't care if he is married or not. I cut all connections and everything related to him from my life after divorce. I don't know why he didn't marry Clara when he divorced me because of her.

Did she cheat on him?!

Or did she leave him again?!?

Then what about their child?

It doesn't matter to me.. nothing related to Aiden Alvertos matters to me anymore.

"I'm sorry about earlier" Simon said after a while of silence.

"Why did you say something like that sir?" I asked straight forward. He parked the car and I looked out to see that we were already at the restaurant.

"Let's talk inside." He got out of the car and I followed. We entered a private room for lunch.

After ordering our lunch, Simon faced me and said, "I know I might have shocked you with my statement earlier but I saw how he looked at you and I knew that moment that he will try to be with you, so if you don't want to get back with him, then you can use me to keep him away from you"

I looked at him in shock, "I am sorry sir but I can't do that"

"Why?" He asked

"What do you mean why? It's unfair to you, I mean, I won't use you just to keep him away from me, It's not fair."