Chapter 56

Adira's POV:

I stood in front of the floor-to-ceiling cabinet, which held an array of weapons including rifles, pistols, shotguns, submachine guns, firearms, and grenades, all were neatly arranged on the shelves.

I wore a complete black outfit with a mask covering my face, along with a bullet proof vest. I took out a revolver, attached a silencer to it, and loaded it before concealing it behind my back. I carried another two loaded subcompact pistols, hiding one in my boot and the other in my jacket pocket.

Aiden walked in, also dressed in all black and fully prepared, wearing his armor and bulletproof vest. I noticed his bruised cheek and cut lips.

"Does it hurt a lot?" I asked softly, looking at him with concern and touched his check in a feathery manner.

"It doesn't, baby. I'm fine!" He replied and kissed my hand before resting his forehead on mine. He gazed at me seriously.

"Can't you please reconsider, love?" He asked, taking both of my hands, pleading me with his eyes. I could sense his fear. I hugged him and stroked his back.

"Please, love, don't ask me to do something I can't. Right now, I can't even think about anything other than Atlas. Please try to understand, I wouldn't go if I didn't have complete confidence in my abilities. I don't want to be a burden in this mission, but I know I can handle myself. That's the only reason I'm going. I want to be there with our son." My throat constricted as a few tears escaped from my eyes, remembering my son.

"I'm here, love. I'm here, I promise, we will bring back our son, safe and sound. Everything will be okay." He tightened his arms around me and kissed the top of my head.

Just as we adjusted our masks, Ryan walked in and informed us that we were ready to go. We were divided into seven teams, two for each hideout and one would surround the entire area, blocking any possible escape routes.

Aiden and Ryan's teams, along with Rafael would be heading to the first hideout, an abandoned factory, as Atlas' location indicated his presence there. I would be joining them.

Kaiden Galleo and Adel Viotto's teams, along with Hendrix were assigned to the second hideout, which is a warehouse.

My Dad and Hector would be tackling the third hideout, where the majority of the enemy forces were believed to be located.

We boarded our designated helicopters and flew towards the location. Cars were already on their way and other men would meet us there.

Aiden was giving me worried glances throughout the route, "I don't know why your father even agreed to this arrangement. It is extremely dangerous." he uttered, running his hand through his hair anxiously.

"My dad and Sergio didn't object much because they know what I'm capable of. After all, It was Sergio who trained me." I answered as a matter of fact. I still remember the days when Sergio really made things tough for me after I asked him to train me like he trained himself. He didn't give me a break until I could defend myself in any situation. He pushed me to my limits, but later I found out that he was actually going easy on me. He trained himself a hundred times harder than what he put me through.

Aiden looked at me with wide eyes. We have talked about my training in the past years since that incident at the hospital, but he was unaware that Sergio trained me himself.

"You trained with that beast? Do you have any idea how many people he has killed?" He asked incredulously, and Ryan rolled his eyes.

As if he hasn't!

"Don't call him that, Aiden, he is a brother to me, and I believe him, he would never hurt anyone innocent. I know he looks scary but he could even die if it means to protect innocent people." It wasn't just a statement, but Sergio was really like that. Hell scary from outside but a marshmallow from inside. Although it's quite rare to see his that side.