Chapter Two: Escape From Baron

Riku, Kain and Cecil face a formidable opponent, and so they wonder how to take down the giant Unborn.

Kain: We will have to use all of our strength to defeat this foe. Otherwise, we're done for. Cecil, Riku, we must hurry!

Riku: Let's do this!!!

Riku makes his first move and climbs quickly to the top of the Unborn's head and uses his Dark Aura attack. Kain and Cecil focus their attacks on the Unborn's legs. The beast simply shakes them off and sends a shockwave to the ground. The three warriors are barely able to dodge it's attack. Then, the giant beast unleashes a swarm of Unborn, which surrounds them in an instant.

Cecil: This thing releases more demonspawns upon us. Not to worry, I can take care of them with my darkness and light attacks, you two take care of the giant beast!

Riku: Right!

Kain: *nods*

Meanwhile, The Mysterious Figure and Dexeres are battling each other...

Dexeres: Huh, you seem to be losing your edge, my old friend! Dark Arrows!! Dark Shuriken!!!

Mysterious Figure: Hmph, do not be too overconfident. Shade Sword!!!

Dexeres: Ah, so you still have some tricks up your sleeve. This should prove amusing for the moment. You do realize your little puppets are nothing before my powers.

Mysterious Figure: So it would seem. Hmph, I don't know how you managed to stay alive, but this time I will be sure to kill you swiftly and painlessly. Hahaha, this is perfect. While we bicker here, more of my Unborn invade this castle. I should actually be thanking you...

In just moments, The Mysterious Figure opens a portal and vanishes.

Dexeres: *gasp* The others, I have to help them!

In the blink of an eye, Dexeres teleports himself to Riku, Kain and Cecil.

Cecil: Dark Flame!

Riku: Shadow Break!

Kain: Rising Dive!

Dexeres: Rise of Shadows!!!

When Dexeres utters these words, enormous pillars of darkness rise from the ground and kills the surrounding Unborn. Then he jumps to the head of the giant Unborn and uses a flurry of dark arrows to kill it. And in just moments, the giant Unborn falls to the ground dead.

Riku: Incredible, that power!

Dexeres: You must leave now, before more of them come. Take the artifact to Yen-Sid, he will know what to do. Go through this portal.

Riku: Kain, Cecil, will you be alright?

Cecil: Do not worry, we shall keep things in order here. 

Kain: Cecil is right, now go!

Riku: Hey, stranger, aren't you coming?

Dexeres: I'll go soon don't worry.

After bidding farewell, Riku goes through the portal. Where has The Mysterious Figure gone? And just what is this artifact and what does Dexeres mean when he says Yen-Sid will know what to do? Find out in Chapter Three: Answers...