Chapter Thirty Six: A Tragic Day

Slowly but surely, Disney Castle is being destroyed. The Four Spirits unleash their full scale power and cause all manner of natural disasters. The people of Disney Town run amok with fear and desperation, and The Keyblade Wielders do their best to defend the townspeople. Kairi slays the suddenly numerous Unborn that appear out of nowhere, and Sora rushes to her side.

Kairi: This isn't good! They all came so suddenly! How will we be able to defeat them?

Sora: We're just going to have to keep fighting until our strength gives away.

Kairi: Sora...is there any hope for us? Or are we doomed to fail and see the end of all things?

Sora: I...I don't know Kairi. But I do know this. What we do now can make a difference.

Kairi and Sora nod in agreement, and they kiss each other passionately before going into battle. They know they'll be able to pull out of this alive. They have to. The hopes and dreams of countless of lives rest on their shoulders. And so they plunge into battle, slaying Unborn as they go. Donald and Goofy also rush to the aid of Sora and Kairi and fight valiantly. In the courtyard, Dexeres and Riku fight off Unborn with their Nobody allies by their side. The Shadow Seeker and Xion fight Unborn in the castle hallways, and Cid, Yuffie, Aerith and Leon mount the airship and rain down fire to their foes. For now it seems to work, but The Four Spirits seem to be immune to the airships attacks. Ventus, Trish and Vanitas try to make their way to Kyle and Lunar, who are surrounded by The Four Spirits, but are cut off by giant Unborn Bulls. Kyle slowly stands up and gulps nervously, but then remembers what Vanitas told him, about facing the reality of the situation. He then looks up at Pyros and opens his arms wide.

Kyle: Be done with it. Destroy me.

Lunar: What?

Windrayda: Ha, the boy seems to want death. You have made the right choice. For one with such knowledge as you is unworthy of existing. But we thank you for creating us.

Pyros: Indeed. But you have seen too much Kyle, and for all this, you must not bare witness.

Aquaon: Perish now boy!

Earthcall: Die like your mother and father before you!

In that instant, Kyle's eyes flashed, and he froze, thinking of his parents. He looks down and mutters under his breath: "Mom...Dad...

Lunar growls and goes in front of Kyle.

Lunar: You won't die Kyle. You won't die on me!

Kyle: But...I deserve to die. I brought this chaos to the world...

Lunar: No Kyle! This was all Xylek's doing! He made you summon them! Before that you had them sealed safely! It wasn't your fault! The enemy made you release them because you were in a trance!

Kyle: But, if I had strength of heart, I could have been able to break through the trance.