Chapter Seventeen: Hopes And Dreams, Nightmares And Sorrows

The Mysterious Figure walks slowly in the Realm of Darkness, wandering the

Plains, as if searching for something...or someone. He continues to walk until he

reaches the seashore. He sits down near a boulder, and then a shadowy figure appears

before him.

???: How is your mission progressing?

Mysterious Figure: The pieces are falling into place...slowly but surely. I have

seen Ventus's potential. He has admirably held his darkness at bay for the time being.

Vanitas is still trapped inside him.

???: Hmm...That is surprising indeed. And what of Sora?

Mysterious Figure: He is slaying the Heartless, Nobodies and Unborn, and going

along many worlds. He is performing remarkably.

???: Very well...I shall report back to the Master.

Mysterious Figure: Wait, there is also something I must inform...it's about Terra.

He somehow found his way to Radiant Garden, and is now currently there...

???: Ah, I see. The Master will be very intrigued by this information. Keep observing,

and see what surfaces...

Mysterious Figure: All right.

With those final words, the shadowy figure vanishes, and so does the Mysterious Figure.

Meanwhile, Dexeres, Ventus and the gang are traversing through the portal to Radiant Garden. Everyone is silent, for they have no words to say. They silently ponder what will happen to their friends and to the other worlds, once this sudden outbreak of Unborn gets worse.

After a while, they arrive at Radiant Garden and go inside the castle.

Dexeres: All right guys, we're here. Go to the castle and get some rest.

Trish: What about you?

Dexeres: Don't worry, I'll be around.

And with that, Trish, Ethan and Ventus head towards the castle.

Dexeres stands at the corner of the courtyard and remains there silent.

Riku: So, how did everything go?

Dexeres: OH...Riku. Everything is fine. We just arrived from Port Royal.

Riku: Hey, you all right? Something's on your mind.

Dexeres: It's about Ventus. I worry about him. He's a good person, but he fears himself. But I can't blame him. After all, he's had it rough.

Riku: Yeah. But we all have to overcome our own darkness, the trials that

we have to go through define who we are. We either face our problems, or we fall and let the darkness take over.

Dexeres: I know. Riku, tell me something. Is there any hope for me?

Riku: What?

Dexeres: I am a Nobody. I lost everything I cared about, everything I knew was taken from me. Is there hope for me? Can I go back to normal? Can I ever be my true self again.