Chapter Twenty Two: A Shred Of Light

Eraqus slowly and silently walks towards Terra, and Terra prepares himself, for he knows that this battle is not going to be easy. But he's ready to fight, he's ready to stand up for his friends. He is ready to protect the things that matter. With unstoppable resolve, Terra charges in for battle.

Terra: Master! If you can hear my voice, please, know that I'm trying to help you! Snap out of this! I know you can break free of Maleficent's hold over you!

But Eraqus says nothing, as he blocks Terra's attack and sends him flying towards the other end of the town square. Terra cures himself and then comes back rushing towards Eraqus.

Terra: I don't want to hurt you! I lost you once, I'm not going to lose you again! Master, please fight the darkness, don't let it control you!

Eraqus's frightening silence continues, as he casts a Triple Firaga spell and makes Terra fall to his knees. For a moment, Terra is unable to move, and he struggles to stand, as Eraqus simply keeps walking towards him. Terra doesn't know what to do. He's encountered Eraqus before in this state, so he knows that chances of winning this battle are very slim.

Terra: What do I have to do to break him free of this spell?

Eraqus stands silently staring at Terra, and he raises his arm and points his Keyblade at him.

Eraqus: ...

Terra: Eraqus!!!

Terra immediately performs his Zantetsuken attack and slightly bruises Eraqus's armor. Eraqus then turns around and an ominous laugh can be heard eminating from him

Terra: Wha-impossible!!!

Seeing the impossibility of being able to defeat him, Terra taps into his dark powers. He will not give up, he won't let his friends be killed. He will risk his very life if he has to.

Terra: Darkness, give me strength!

And in an instant, a dark aura surrounds him and he starts shooting dark beams and propelling himself at super sonic speed. He keeps slashing Eraqus, and to his surprise, he manages to make a large cut through his armor. Eraqus simply stands there and then raises his Keyblade up and many replicas of him surround Terra.

Terra: No, this can't be the end! Not while I can still fight!

But just then, Terra remembers wise words that Eraqus had spoken to him long ago.

"Terra, you mustn't be afraid of losing..." And as he remembers those words, he calms down and simply stands there, and then he unsummons his Keyblade and opens his arms wide.

Terra: If you wish to strike me down, then do so, I won't resist...

Eraqus is just about to deal the final blow when the cut in his armor starts to seep out darkness. He falls back and a horrifying scream eminates from him. He struggles to stand, and one by one, his replicas start disappearing. Terra then quickly goes towards Eraqus and catches him before he falls.