Chapter Forty Five: The Final Battle Part 5: Illushiouhus And The Master's Lair

Ventus and Trish desperately try to wake Kyle up, still not accepting the fact that he's motionless and lifeless. Everyone grieves for Kyle, but Ventus and Trish don't lose help. They kiss his cheeks and shake him gently, urging him to wake up. But nothing happens, and all that is felt is the cold wind of death blowing through the wasteland. Then Ventus thinks of something and he looks towards the others.

Ventus: Guys, I think that I can save him.

Trish: What do you mean?

Ventus: My heart. I can give a part of my heart to Kyle, and that way he won't die. He'll be able to survive!

Trish: But Ventus, what if something happens to you!?

Ventus: Don't worry, I know that nothing will happen to me. Just trust me.

Dexeres: Are you sure that you want to go through with this?

Vanitas: Let the kid get a shot. If he lives or dies, that's yet to be seen. At least he'll try.

Aqua: Vanitas, how can you be so rude!?

Ventus: No Aqua. Vanitas is right. Anything can happen, but what's important is that I give this a shot. I just know that this'll work.

Aqua: All right then.

Ventus nods and he stabs his Keyblade to his chest, and a part of his heart slowly floats towards Kyle. When it arrives to Kyle, it dissipates and eminates a radiant glow. After a few seconds, Kyle wakes up, and he then sees everyone looking at him.

Kyle: I...I'm alive?

Trish: Kyle!

Ventus and Trish quickly rush towards and hug him tightly and cry tears of joy. They feel each other's embrace, and they keep crying. Everyone smiles and sighs of relief, and Dexeres is amazed by what just happened. He heads towards Vanitas and stands by his side.

Dexeres: Remarkable! Ventus gave a part of his heart to Kyle, and Ventus did not perish.

Vanitas: Yeah, I know. Remember, his heart is connected to Sora's, so Ventus won't die just like that.Kyle: Ventus, you risked your life for me? Why would you do that?

Ventus: Because your than just my friend Kyle. I've begun to think of you as a son.

Kyle: Really?

Ventus: Of course!

Just as The Keyblade Wielders are enjoying their moment of joy, the landscape suddenly trembles. The sky becomes clearer, and then, in a sudden instant, a giant wave of mist crashes through them. After a few seconds, they realize that they have found The Master's Lair! The dark castle extends far to both sides of the wasteland, and it's walls are as gray as the sky itself, and four towers are seen in the central part of the castle. Thunder cracks in the distance, and then Illushiouhus suddenly appears before them.