Chapter Thirty Eight: The March Into The Unknown

Kyle lays unconscious on the ground, motionless, but calm. As Lunar fades away, his radiant light shines upon the rest of The Keyblade Wielders, healing them and bringing them back to consciousness. Vanitas looks up to the darkened sky and smirks, giving a nod of appreciation to Lunar. Then he proceeds to go towards Kyle and help him get on his feet.

Vanitas: Come on sunshine, sleep time is over.

Kyle: V-Vanitas...I'm sorry.

Vanitas: No apology necessary. I enjoyed battling you, so believe me, you did me a favor.

Kyle: ...

They make their way towards the rest of The Keyblade Wielders, and Kyle quickly kneels down and bursts into tears, and looks at each and every one of them.

Kyle: I'm so sorry! Please forgive me! I didn't mean to cause all this destruction! I didn't mean to hurt any of you! I'm so sorry!

Trish: Kyle, it's okay. We know that it wasn't you, we know that it's not your fault.

Trish embraces Kyle, assuring him that it's all right, and she gently strokes his hair and rubs his cheeks and gives him a tender smile. Ventus goes to Trish and Kyle and joins in the embrace.

Ventus: Don't worry Kyle. It's all right now. We're family. And family sticks together.

Kyle: But...you'd still trust me? You'd still consider me a friend, after all I did to all of you?

Sora: Hey, everyone makes mistakes! But that's what friends are for! To guide you from the toughest of times and lead you in the right way!

Riku: Never face hardships alone. If you face hardships, we'll all face them together.

Everyone nods in agreement and they all comfort Kyle. Kyle stands up and looks at all of them. He thinks of all the things they've been through together, and all the experiences they've shared. He then remembers Lunar's words of them being his new family. He closes his eyes and then clenches his fists, and places his hand on his chest.

Kyle: Everyone. Thank you. Thank you for being here for me. I appreciate it.

Everyone smiles and nods. Then they slowly make their way through the ravaged Disney Town, and find a few survivors that took shelter near the plaza. King Mickey looks around and folds his arms and sighs.

King Mickey: Gosh fellas, look at this place! It'll take forever to make repairs! And we don't have much time. The Master and his group have already made their move, and I expect that it won't be their last.

Leon: You guys go. We'll hold down the fort here and start repairs.

Yuffie: That's right! We'll help the townspeople repair the town!

Aerith: Yes, that is correct.

Cid: And besides, if anyone come attacking us again, I've got my trusty airship to hold them off. So just go on and keep the enemy at bay!

Queen Minnie: They're right Mickey. And I'll also do my best to assist them.

King Mickey: Thank you so much my friends. And thank you Minnie.

Queen Minnie: Take care Mickey, and please come back safe and sound!

King Mickey: You can count on it! All right then fellas, let's go!

And so, King Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Sora, Riku, Kairi, Dexeres, Terra, Aqua, Ventus, Vanitas, Trish, Kyle, The Shadow Seeker and Xion leave Disney Town through a portal, and they make their way towards The Master and his subordinates. But the question is, where could they even be? That's a question they all had on their minds, one that they were determined to find the answer to.