Chapter Fifteen: The Truth Behind The Curse

Davy Jones stares at Will Turner for a while, and then scoffs.

Davy Jones: Ha! Jack Sparrow wants to settle things, eh? Hahaha, well then, you shall come with me.

Will Turner sighs in relief but also watches in mortal terror as the rest of the sailors are killed and tossed to the sea.

Back in the ship, Ventus, Ethan and Trish walk around the deck, looking towards the endless horizon of the sea.

Trish: I do hope Will's all right!

Ethan: He looks like a formidable guy, I doubt that he'd go down easy.

Ventus: But still, we should keep a lookout, just in case anything happens. You never know when Davy Jones might pop up.

Ethan: That Davy Jones reeks of evil, but yet, there's something about him that makes me feel sad for him.

Meanwhile, below decks, Jack Sparrow speaks with Dexeres.

Dexeres: Jack... why did you send Will over to your enemy?

Jack Sparrow: Quite simple mate, he settles my debt for me, and I don't have to worry about ending up in the locker.

Dexeres: You would condemn your own friend to save yourself? How despicable!

Jack Sparrow: Haha, I'm a pirate mate, you'd better get used to how things work around here.

Dexeres: You can't outrun your fate, no matter how hard you try. You've been escaping your fate

for quite a while, but you can't let your wits get the best of you. Sparrow, there are times in life in which one

must face the consequences of one's actions. Stop running, and face your worst fear. Don't become like me...

Jack Sparrow:... You are rather poetic I might say.

Dexeres: I'm going to check on Will.

Jack Sparrow: How would you do that if I may ask?

Dexeres: The power of Darkness gets me where I need to go.

And with that, Dexeres goes above deck and opens up a dark portal. Ventus sees him and reaches out to him.

Ventus: Wait, Dexeres! Where are you going?

Dexeres: I'm going to help Will.

Ventus: No, you can't interfere in the business of other worlds.

Dexeres: But...

Ventus: He'll be okay, he can hold his own.

Ethan: Ventus is right, we have to let Will face this alone.

Dexeres looks at the portal and then closes it, and then silently sits down on a corner of the ship.

At that same moment, Will Turner enters Davy Jones ship and quietly looks down at the floor.

Davy Jones's Minion: Get to work Turner!

Will Turner: Um, yes, I shall...