Chapter Thirty One: Light And Darkness, Two Powers Intertwined

Master Eraqus swings his Keyblade skyward, and he summons five pillars of light that surround him, and the Guardian Xehanort starts charging his powers of darkness. Ventus and Vanitas immediately dash towards them to prevent them from doing an attack that could probably wipe them all out. As if by instinct, Ventus and Vanitas move gracefully through the attacks that the Guardian Xehanort is throwing at them. They deflect some of the attacks, but to no effect, and Ventus and Vanitas decide to take their distance and attack with magic.

Ventus: They're more powerful than last time!

Vanitas: Gee, did you notice that just now? You're definitely a genius.

Ventus: Cut it out Vanitas, I'm serious!

Vanitas: Okay, okay. Sheesh, I'm just trying to lighten up the mood, but all right, let's take your approach Mr. Grim and Menacing...

Ventus: Look out!

Ventus pushes Vanitas out of a wide beam of light, and Ventus barely dodges it. Afterwards, he and Vanitas counterattack with powerful Aeroga and Blizzaga spells.

Vanitas: It looks like we're going to have to come up with a better way to beat them up!

Ventus: Right! Both of them are hard to beat, so it's fair to say that we have to deal with them with more than just brute force.

Vanitas: Okay.

Ventus shoots Firaga spears, while Vanitas strikes his Keyblade at one of Eraqus's pillars of light, making it disappear.

Vanitas: Look! My Keyblade made one of the light pillars disappear!

Ventus: You're right! Keep going at it Vanitas, I'll take care of Guardian Xehanort!

Vanitas nods and he jumps up and cloaks himself in a black sphere, and in just seconds, multiple copies of Vanitas come forth from the sphere and shatter each of Eraqus's light pillars. Then, Guardian Xehanort lashes towards Ventus, and he grips Ventus tightly in his clawed hands. Ventus struggles and squirms, and then he wrings himself out of his hands and strikes at him. The Guardian Xehanort shrieks in pain and then counterattacks with a devastating dark mist. Ventus blows away the mist with his Keyblade and attacks Guardian Xehanort with Ars Arcanum.

Ventus: Vanitas, how are you holding up?

Vanitas dodges Eraqus's attacks and lands by Ventus's side.

Vanitas: Hmm, not that bad, and you?

Ventus: I'm holding my own. As long as you and me stick together, we can win this!

Vanitas: Right!

They both dodge the attacks of their foes and they jump high in the air and perform a devastating Delta X attack, and the surrounding area shines with bright blinding light.

Meanwhile, Sora and the gang arrive at Disney castle, and they head towards the Throne Room, when they see Cid's airship looming high above them.

Sora: Whoah, what is that!?

Dexeres: I think that Cid and the others must have finished building the airship. It does look magnificent if I do say so myself.

Donald: It's bigger than the Gummi Ship!

Goofy: A-hyuck, you got that right Donald!

Everyone is dazzled by the sheer size of the airship, but Riku is in a corner of the courtyard, deep in thought. He can't stop thinking about the voice he heard as he left Halloween Town.

Riku: That voice...who could it have been? And why did my heart feel tight when I heard her? I'm sure that I've never met her, whoever she is...but I can't shake this feeling...my heart is yearning for her...