Chapter Ten: A Date With Destiny

Trish, Ethan and Ventus are about to land in Port Royal. Trish is in a corner of the ship crying, Ethan drives the ship while heavily feeling guilt of making his sister cry and Ventus sits in another corner, thinking about his ever growing inner darkness.

Ventus: -I don't want to hurt anyone. What should I do?-

Then he hears a very familiar voice.

Vanitas: Hahaha, well Ven, it's been such a long time. How have you been?

Ventus: -Get out of my head!!! Stay out of my heart!!!-

Vanitas: Oh, but I can't! Did you already forget that I'm your darkness? You can't keep me inside here forever. 

Ventus: Get out of my head!!!

Silence is in the room. When Ventus regains himself, he sees Trish looking at him with concern and Ethan looking at him with anger.

Ventus: ...Are we here?

Ethan: Yes. Trish, get out of the ship.

Trish goes outside but worries about what his brother is going to say to Ventus.

Ethan: Look, you may be on our side, but I have my eye on you. Trish is all that I have left, if you really care about her, back off!!!

Ventus: ...

After this, they go out only to find that the town is empty.

Ethan: That's odd, the last time I was here, there were more people.

Trish: It's raining, come on, we have to go somewhere dry.

Ventus: Guys, quiet. I hear voices.

They slowly approach to where the voices are eminating when they see a group of soldiers, as if surrounding someone.

Governor Swann: What gives you the right to do this?

Lord Beckett: These two are charged for helping in the escape of a pirate named Jack Sparrow. I believe you know him.

Elizabeth: Captain! He is Captain Jack Sparrow!

Lord Beckett: So you do know him. Ah, I also have a charge for Mr. James Norrington.

Governor Swann: Commodore Norrington resigned his post a few months ago.

Lord Beckett: Take them away.

Governor Swann: No, you can't do this!

Trish: Should'nt we do something?

Ethan: No, we can't interfere with their affairs.

Ventus: But, we have to help!

Ethan: No, we only came here to wipe out any threat that appears, not meddle in the affairs of these people.

Trish: Guys, we got trouble!

Suddenly, Unborn appear behind them.

Trish: These ones look different.

Ventus: It doesn't matter, we have to take em' down! Strike Raid!

Ethan: Magnera!

Trish: Crystal Lance!

They fight off the hordes of Unborn, and suddenly the rain intensifies.

Trish: I have an idea, guys, hold them off!

Ventus: All right.

Ethan: Be carefull.

As Ventus and Ethan hold off the attacking Unborn, Trish stores power and then points her keyblade to the sky, and lightning strikes the keyblade, and from it, she summons a powerfull warrior mounted on a horse.

Ethan: It's Odin!!!

Trish: Odin, aid us!

In the blink of an eye, Odin uses his blade to deliver a devastating Zantetsuken attack and wipes out all the Unborn. 

Trish: No one messes with us!

Ethan: Good work sis.

Ventus: Uh-oh, soldiers are coming our way! Hide!

Ethan: Over here!

They hide behind a cannon while the soldiers pass by, and Ventus thinks -I wonder who were those people?- What is going on here? Why are there so many soldiers? And what dangers lie ahead for Trish, Ethan and Ventus? Find out in Chapter Eleven: Quest for the Compass...