Chapter Nine: Terra's Awakening

There is a momentary silence, as everyone stands speechless at the fact that the man in armor is Terra. Aqua hugs him tight, crying, and slowly, he puts his arms around her. He still doesn't say anything, but feels love. 

Aqua: I thought I would never see you again!

Terra: ...

Aqua: What's wrong? Why won't you say something? It's been so long, please say something!

Terra: Aqua, you, you're all right. You are safe!

Sora, realizing that he and his friends best leave the two of them alone, tells everyone to leave.

Aqua: Why didn't you come here before? I missed you so much!

Terra: I had to protect you, from a distance, I did to many terrible things. I thought that you would never want to see me again.

Aqua: How can you say that? Every day without you has destroyed my heart. I tried to carry on, but I couldn't let you go. I love you.

Terra: I love you too.

He takes off his helmet, and kisses Aqua passionately. Terra feels the warmth in Aqua's lips. Aqua feels something she hasn't felt in a long time, love's embracing kiss.

Meanwhile, Trish, Ethan and Ventus are moments away from arriving to Port Royal.

Ventus: I wonder how Port Royal looks like? It must be a big place.

Ethan: I've been there before on recon missions, it's a town by the sea. I met the strangest guy there one time. I think he was a bandit, or something like that.

Trish: A bandit? It might be interesting to come across him, don't you think Ventus?

Ventus: Yeah, it would be interesting.

As Trish and Ethan keep talking, Ven thinks to himself- I— I sense him again. It gets worse everytime. Why do I get the feeling that he's coming back? Do I still have darkness in my heart? Am I a danger to everyone? Trish notices Ventus's worried face and feels sad for him.

Ethan: Hey, what's with the long face? 

Trish: I'm worried about Ventus, he looks worried. I should talk to him.

Ethan: Go ahead sis, I'll drive the ship.

Trish: Thanks. Ventus, is everything all right? You look worried. Please tell me what's wrong.

Ventus: I— I'm scared.

Trish: Of what?

Ventus: My inner darkness, my other side. Him...

Trish: Who?

Ventus: Vanitas, he's my other half. I faced him a long time ago, but I know that he's still inside me, waiting to be set free.

Trish: Oh, that's terrible... I want to help you Ventus, I want to make sure that you don't get hurt.

Ventus: Trish...

Ethan: Let me stop you right there, sis. If Ventus has this inner darkness problem, let him take care of it. 

Trish: But, Ethan...

Ethan: I can't see you die Trish, not like what happened to Mom and Dad. Just back off!!! 

Trish: Can't you understand that I love him!? She says this with tears rolling down her eyes.

Ethan: Shut up!!! I don't want to hear another word about it!!!

Trish: I hate you!!! She goes to the back of the ship crying.

Suddenly, Ethan feels sadness at hearing Trish say these words.

Ventus: I'm sorry, I didn't want to come between you two, i'm so sorry!

Ethan: Just forget about it!

Back at Radiant Garden, Terra is in the library with Aqua and the others.

Terra: I have come back and I bring bad tidings.

Sora: What is it?

Terra: The witch Maleficent still lives on, and she has summoned all her dark powers to create an even more powerfull army of dark creatures.

Kairi: More powerfull Heartless? Oh no!

Terra: That's not even the worst part. She has revived Master Eraqus and has seized control over his mind so that he can fight against us.

Aqua: No, Master Eraqus, controlled? Is there any way to save him?

Terra: I've tried, but so far there is no way. They hold their base of operations in The Shattered Realm.

Sora: Where is that?

Terra: It can only be found in The Lanes Between. I sense something of ill omen is going to happen.

Master Eraqus is alive,but why is he under the control of Maleficent? Can things get any worse? Prepare for Chapter Ten: A Date with Destiny...