Chapter Three: Answers

Riku enters the portal that Dexeres opened, and for a moment finds himself drifting in a vortex of darkness. After a few seconds, he appears at the door of the Mysterious Tower. He looks around to be sure that no Heartless or Unborn followed him. Then he approaches to open the door but hears voices, so he closes in on the door to listen.

Flora: Oh, I'm so worried, it's been two days since the master has been inside his chambers. He has'nt come out for even a moment.

Fauna: I'm sure it's nothing too serious. Maybe he is studying one of his books. With the war looming like a dreaded fog, he must be researching.

Merryweather: I feel something of ill omen is about to happen. This troubles my mind too much.

Suddenly, Riku enters through the door.

Riku: Excuse me, I wish to speak to Yen-Sid.

Flora: I'm afraid the master is busy at the moment.

Riku: I'm sure he has time for an old friend.

Fauna: But the master should not be-

Riku: There is no time for delays, I have to talk to him!

Merryweather: I like him, he takes action!

Riku knocks on the door-Yen-Sid, it's me, Riku.-

Yen-Sid: Proceed.

Riku: Master, I've brought the artifact, what is it?

Yen-Sid: Ah, you have found it. Well done, as for what it is, I have done some research. It is called the Atarax meteor shard, an item that, if used properly, can bestow unimaginable power upon the user. But I keep reading, but i don't seem to find how must it be used.

Riku: Then what good is this for?

Yen-Sid: That is for you to find out, my friend, I am leaving the meteor shard in your care.

Riku: Master, are you sure?

Yen-Sid: Yes, Riku, your control over darkness and light ensure me that the shard is in good hands. 

Then, suddenly, Dexeres appears from behind.

Yen-Sid: Ah, so you've come as well.

Riku: You know him?

Yen-Sid: Yes, Dexeres, he joined us not too long ago. An astounding ally.

Dexeres: Baron is safe for now. All the Unborn have been destroyed.

Riku: Wait, the Unborn. Yen-Sid, they appeared out of thin air when this man in a hood appeared.

Yen-Sid: This is far worse than i could have imagined.

Instantly, the troubled Yen-Sid sits to think. 

Riku: Master-

Dexeres: He's fine, just troubled. 

Riku: Who is the man in the hood?

Dexeres: He never revealed his name, but I've known him for a long time. He used to be my friend, but he always wanted to push the boundaries of his abilities and so he began going to the realm of darkness and back to examine and learn to utilize the darkness's true potential.

Riku: How could he go and leave to the realm of darkness as he pleased?

Dexeres: His mastery of darkness allowed him to come and go. I learned to wield the darkness by myself, in the hopes of using it for good. But then he betrayed me, and killed everything I held dear. I tried to stop him, but he released my heart. I was slowly creeping toward death's cold embrace, when I saw a faint glimmer of light. I reached out to it, and suddenly, I was reborn as a Nobody...

Riku: What!? You're a nobody!? But how do you remember your past?

Dexeres: I'm not sure, but i think the faint light had something to do with it.

Yen-Sid: You must go to Radiant Garden, I sense something is going to happen. 

Riku: No, Kairi and the others, they're in danger! Dexeres, we have to go!

Dexeres: Right!

In the blink of an eye, Dexeres opens another portal.-Let's go quick!-

Riku: Wait, Master, why are the Unborn appearing?

Yen-Sid: The hooded man is the source of them, he has the soul of pure evil, more powerfull then Xehanort himself.

When Riku hears this, he rushes in to the portal along with Dexeres. They go to Radiant Garden in the hopes that they can prevent the dire event Yen-Sid forsees. What will happen? And where is Sora? Stay tuned for Chapter Four: Arrival in Radiant Garden...