Prologue

It all started with a decision. They grew up together in a small town, where everyone knew everyone else's business.

...

Liam Warfold was the best friend of Mary-Kate Olsen. The two met in the last grade. Becoming best friends instantly. Liam grew up with two older sisters. Sandra and Amelia. This made him
aware of the problems women go through on a day-to-day basis. Whether it be a hormonal imbalance to periods and the pain that comes with it.

He was very protective of Mary-Kate. Always defending her from fake friends. Although Ashley never really liked him,
she was happy that her twin had someone she could count on through their school years.

Then High School came. Liam found
himself attracted to Mary-Kate. He didn't know whether it was because of their
friendship being strained when
Mary-Kate started to date one of their classmates. He started to feel jealous whenever he saw the two of them together. So he became distant after
realising the reason he feels jealous. He had a huge crush on his best friend.
Which soon resulted in MK storming to his home. Banging on his front door.

"What is wrong with you!" She yelled when he answered the door. "I don't see you anymore. Not at school or when we're at home."

"Just leave it MK." He tried to close the door, but she stopped him with her foot.
"No. Tell me please." MK pleaded with him. Tears in her eyes.

"Please leave." He asked her. "Why do I feel like I'm losing my best friend? Please just tell me." She cried which made Liam's heartache.

"I like you okay!! I do." He confessed. "I uh I do. I want to be more to you. More than just friends."

"Liam." MK started but Liam just sighed, shaking his head.

"Never mind." He waved her off with a broken smile.

"Just forget I ever said anything."

Since that day, MK could only think of Liam. In a way, she had never thought of anyone before. So she had already split with her boyfriend. Watching Liam from afar. Of course, one day she decided to
storm over to him, pulling him into a kiss. Everyone wooed and clapped as the two pulled away. "Pick me up tomorrow at 7 pm."She told him before walking
away. Leaving Liam muttering nonsense as he watched her walk away with a smirk on her face. That was the start of what was a beautiful relationship.
Especially since the two already knew all there was to know of the other.

Even attending Senior prom together but they didn't realise the distance of their dream schools.

Liam wanted to attend UCLA while Mary-Kate wanted to move to New York to study fashion. Hoping to start her own line which then put an end to what would have been a beautiful love story.

But it didn't take too long for MK to find someone in New York, which soon led to Liam being who he is today.