everything has changed

---

Liam woke up on a gloomy morning, feeling a heavy weight in his heart. The events of the previous day were etched in his mind, tormenting him like a persistent nightmare.

The memory of him yelling at Lizzie, the person who had stood by his side through thick and thin, haunted his thoughts.

As he shuffled his way towards the kitchen, hoping to find solace in breakfast, he swung open the fridge door only to be greeted by emptiness.

An undeniable pang of despair stabbed at him, adding to his already heavy burden.

Defeated, Liam trudged back to the couch, falling into it as if it were a refuge from his own guilt. As he lowered his gaze, his eyes locked onto a picture frame perched on the coffee table.

It showcased a snapshot of his deceased father, proudly adorned in his military uniform.

His father's stoic and unwavering expression stared back at him, as if questioning Liam's actions.

Unable to fight his emotions any longer, tears welled up in Liam's eyes. The dam of his composure shattered, and he wept openly, his tears mixing with the remorse that consumed him.

Memories of his father's love and wisdom flooded back, leaving him feeling bereft and lost.

Liam's mind wandered back to the countless lessons and stories his father had shared during their precious moments together.

The notion of being compassionate, understanding, and patient had been his father's mantra, values that seemed so distant after his outburst at Lizzie.

The realization that he had failed to live up to his father's teachings gnawed at his soul.

As his sobs slowly subsided, Liam clenched his fists in determination. He refused to let his actions define him and his character.

With a deep breath, he stood up and walked towards the picture frame, his father's unwavering gaze never leaving his sight.

It was as if his father's spirit was there, guiding him towards redemption.

Feeling the warmth of his father's presence, Liam's resolve strengthened. He knew what he had to do. His first step would be apologizing to Lizzie and seeking forgiveness, but he also realized that he needed to confront the darkness within himself.

Liam, now armed with determination, sat down and took out a pen and a paper. He began writing down all his frustrations, fears, and regrets.

The ink flowed freely, as if his words were a necessary catharsis. Through this act of self-reflection, he aimed to understand the root of his anger and find ways to cope with it, rather than allowing it to consume him.

As Liam poured his heart onto the paper, his emotions transformed from despair to a shimmering glimmer of hope.

The road ahead might be challenging, but he was determined to repair his relationship with Lizzie and, most importantly, rebuild his own self.

With his father's memory as his guiding light, Liam knew that healing was possible.

Once he finished pouring out his thoughts, Liam folded the letter with care, placing it next to his father's picture frame.

He wiped away the remnants of tears from his face, an expression of resolve replacing anguish.