2002

2002 (flashback)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Liam woke up on a Saturday morning and bounded down the stairs, eager to start his weekend. As he entered the kitchen, he noticed a strange look on his sisters' faces. They were both sitting at the table, sipping hot tea, and looking a bit uncomfortable.

"What's wrong?" Liam asked, sensing something was off.

Amelia and Sandra exchanged glances before Amelia finally spoke up. "Well, Liam, we're on our ladies' days, and we don't feel very well."

Liam, being only eight years old, didn't fully understand what that meant but knew that it wasn't good news. "What can I do to help?" he asked.

His sisters exchanged surprised looks before Sandra replied, "Well, if you could be a bit quieter today and maybe help out with some chores around the house, that would be greatly appreciated."

Liam suddenly realized what Amelia and Sandra were going through and immediately felt sympathy towards them. "Sure, I'll help out in any way I can."

As the day went on, Liam did everything he could to make his sisters' day easier. He made breakfast for them, cleaned up the kitchen, and even did some laundry. He knew his parents had an important meeting at their office, leaving them to him, and he wanted to make sure everything was in order before they got home.

In the afternoon, Liam suggested they watch a show together to take their minds off their discomfort. They chose a comedy film, and Liam made popcorn for all of them to share. They all snuggled up together on the couch and watched the movie, laughing at the silly characters and enjoying each other's company.

As the day drew to a close, Liam felt a sense of accomplishment. He had helped his sisters when they needed him the most, and he was proud of himself for doing so. When his parents returned home, Amelia and Sandra hugged Liam, thanking him for his help throughout the day.

That night, as Liam drifted off to sleep, he knew that he had just experienced a day that would stay with him forever. He had proven to himself that he was capable of taking care of his family, even when the going got tough, and that was a feeling he would cherish for a lifetime.

...

no chapter ideas = flashbacks